xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mayank

Happy Holi To All Of You! Holi is one of the biggest festival in India

Hey everyone!

I would like to wish each and everyone...a very happy Holi.

I wish that you and your family enjoy this festival at fullest....And for those who dont know what HOLI is...then let me tell you more about it.

Holi is one the biggest festival in India and on this day people through colors on others! There is a religious story behind it...but I dont want to get into it! If anyone wants to know about it...I'll be glad to explain that story as well!

To give you an idea...how people look after playing holi..Click on this link and look at the First 3 photos

Posted Image

Happy Holi, would please care to explain what this means? I have no clue, besides that it's Lent right now. =-P

Hi Friends

Wish you all a very happy holi.

May this holi bring lots of colors of joy in your life.

Have lots of bhang, bhangra, music and sweet

Enjoy the festival of colors.

With lots of color

Nitin

Happy Holi, would please care to explain what this means? I have no clue, besides that it's Lent right now. =-P

Hi Nova

Holi is the festival of colors.

People play with colors, they believe it will bring lots of colors and joy in life.

It mark the begining of summers, so people play in colored water.

They play with water filled baloons.

Everybody puts color on each others face, this brings friends closer.

You get lots of sweets. see the link mayank has included.

you can see how people look on this special day.

Enjoy

And wish you a very happy fun filled holi.

Sounds like a wonderful holiday. Do you know what the origins of it are? I.E. How it came about to begin with?Always good to see bright colors, and people having a good time. It'd be cool to see this holiday catch on in the american culture (assuming that it wouldn't be concidered disrespectful).Can you give us any more information? It sounds pretty interesting.

Well, HOLI is a festival which is celebrated by Hindus'

I think this is the best explanation..I tried to write over here...but because it includes lots of characters and it will be difficult to explain it right now! (I am celebrating it right now :()

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holi

It is certainly the best explanation I've seen!

Waaht!! HAPPY HOLI. We never get days like these. it's all beautiful, religious and traditional. =]I love these kind of festivals. my friend invited me to one but I didn't go =[

Wow nice picture Mayank.... Belated Happy Holi, its a two-day event in many places. .... I think in some places the way they celebrate Holi is more intense and this we often notice. In North India this festival is bigger and people like to play even several days before the real Holi Festival begins.What I like about Holi is people just play with colors for fun. This way friends and foes alike come together and make peace with one another. What I don't like about Holi is people playing even before the festival begins and some ignorant kids and even mature guys throw water to people who are coming near their house or street and alleys. When you are going somewhere for something important if you are wet it can be very much embarrassing....