xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
keysmaker

Unlimited Webhosting At Trap17? A reality or a dream???

Todya as everyday i came back form school, i turned on the computer, i loged in my cumputer, then i started the msn, and i opened the cpanel, just for checking the stats, WHAT A BIG SURPRISE TO ME!

Disk usage 57.39 / Unlimited MB

UNLIMITED SPACE!!!! Oh my goodnesss this is unbelievable !! please! someone answer me! IS THIS TRUE????

Todya as everyday i came back form school, i turned on the computer, i loged in my cumputer, then i started the msn, and i opened the cpanel, just for checking the stats, WHAT A BIG SURPRISE TO ME!
UNLIMITED SPACE!!!! Oh my goodnesss this is unbelievable !! please! someone answer me! IS THIS TRUE????

Ssh, don't tell everyone, you'll make them reduce it! :(

This happened before, and it's just an error, so don't go filling up your webspace :(However, Xisto doesn't oversell, so you can be sure that your account will always be stable!

Ditto. Probably won't last too long though. Usually when this happens it only lasts for no more than 12hrs....

Mine has said that for several days now. It would be nice if it is true. I don't use all the add ons nor mail, since I wouldn't know how if I tried. Just upload graphics files to my public_html folder for my site. All the other stuff is way beyond me. Maybe if I cross my fingers and wish, it will stay that way, unlimited space wow.

Even if it was true. I wouldn't go using it. Wouldn't be fair to other people. Besides, I suspect it is just an error. I suppoe it could be true. Maybe OpaQue liked us all so much,.... What am I saying, he'd never do that. That's living in a dream :( Oh well. Hey just wait a few days. If it hasn't gone down within a week, I would contact the admin.

Edited by wild20 (see edit history)

Even if it was true. I wouldn't go using it. Wouldn't be fair to other people.

Well, I am only using 67MB of the 150MB I have alloted to me and that includes my on site backup. My whole site is almost up at this point, so I doubt I would use up more than I am alloted.

If it hasn't gone down within a week, I would contact the admin.

I doubt it is necessary to contact admin if it is indeed an error. :(

Unlimited MB disk space?! I noticed mine yesterday and questioned on shoutbox but no one replied reason.i thought it was just a temporary system error.umm...i checked it again just now,still in error status.

Yea it is just an error in the Control Panel. The amount of space that is offered with whatever package you have is the amount of space you get. If you recieved the first hosting package you have 20mb of space. If you have the second you have 150mb of space. Don't go over that.

This is just another server error, this has happened before and most of the members just ignored it because we knew Trap 17 would not give unlimited web space to the members. The Trap 17 administrator -(Opaque) gives equal opportunity to every one by giving only what we need. If you happened to get that "unlimited" web space, do not try to use more than the 150 megabytes of space aloted for the Package 2, and 20 megabytes for Package 1. Or else you will lose most of the files on your account when the errors are fixed.

I'm experiencing the same "problem"... :( It's pretty funny, actually... I know it's not real, but I sometimes get this urge to upload a lot of stuff... *restrains herself*Must not try...

Trap17 usually suffers lots of glitches. As you can see in cpanel when was the server rebooted. Other paid webhosts last for months but free server at Xisto for days at most. So its not surprising to see unlimited space error. btw: We are using free service, so shouldn't expect much of it. Its great still that we r not paying anything for our fun/hobbey sites.

Like stated in earlier post by other members this is just a glitch. This has happened before I don't know if its psychz or t17, but the admin has been informed so the problem should be taken care of shortly.Thanks

It seems that Xisto seems to be having more problems than others. Maybe I joined at a bad time, but it seems Xisto seem to have an unaturally high amount of problems/errors. The high priority ticket which I raised at the Xisto helpdesk 20 hours ago still has not been answered. To be honest, I'm rather disapointed. :)