xisto Community
moldboy

Playing Dvd Isos

I have created DVD ISOs and rather then burn them to disk (I don't have DVD burner, as of yet) I would like to test them in ISO format in a stardard DVD viewing program like PowerDVD. So I need a FREE software that will allow me to mount the ISO as a readable drive. For those curious these aren't ISOs I've downloaded, rather as the above states ones I have created.

Try something like Alcohol 120% - there is a 30 day demo. It allows you to create a virtual drive and mount your ISO's. I haven't heard of any free software, for it though I'd love to know if there are some around :(

If you have Nero, it should include a DVD mounting as well in the Nero ImageDrive.

Microsoft also provides a free CD emulator, similar to reading ISO files by mounting them. I've not tried that, but I think it may be useful for you.
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/virtual_cd_rom_control_panel.html

Otherwise you can try a popular emulator, DAEMON Tools, which supports both CD and DVD emulation.
http://www.daemon-tools.cc/deu/home

deamon is the best tool you could find over internet... but if you don?t like it you can test other options as virtual cd tools (search in microsoft web site for it).all other options are mentioned on posts above.regs

You have to create a virtual Drive on your PC and mount your ISO file on it. Daemon Tools which is freeware is very good for this job. you can have upto 6 or 7 Virtual Drives. It doenst need any extra space on your HDD for mounting and viewing Image files. once you mount your ISO file you can whatch it with any DVD Player software.