xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
saxsux

Delta's Going Up And Down Like A Yoyo! Whats happening?

I moved to Xisto - Web Hosting from Xisto, after I started drawing dangerously close to my 150MB limit.
The transition was quick and painless, and OpaQue was helpful throughout, but since I've switched, I've begun regretting moving.
Seeing I was now hosted on a seperate server "for unmatched performance and uptime", I expected hosting to be better, with no annoying downtime every time someone signed up for free hosting, and my sites running faster thanks to Xisto - Web Hosting's unique Website Optimisation, and Load Balancing Technology that was promised by thier website. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have worked out that way...
If anything, the gamma server was much more reliable than delta. Compared to delta, gamma had practically no downtime whatsoever. It seems as though I'm paying for a worse service than I could have had - from the same company - for free. And now, with my website's uptime unpredictable at best, the Xisto Helpdesk has malfunctioned, and is no longer displayingserver statuses.

Whinging over, I really appreciate the work done by OpaQue and everyone else at Xisto, I genuinely think that you offer the best hosting services I've ever come across, and am thankful for your hard work in times of difficulty like this. But, I don't think this is the way to treat paying customers. Could you please try to keep us informed as to what is currently happening to delta, and try to estimate when it'll be over? When will the Xisto Helpdesk be fixed?

Sorry this seems so negative. I need more sleep :(

The recent forum topics do explain about why there were service hogups at Delta. We are hosting more than 1K customers at Xisto - Web Hosting. Out of which hardly 50 are hosted on DELTA and I am desperate here myself to solve this issue. We are tracking the client who is causing over these load hogs. And till date, 3 accounts have been suspended.I do appologise for the recent hogup last week, but believe me, Each downtime is more trouble for us than our clients.Well, there have been many times that Free hosted websites were down while paid hosting website was up due to server abuse. The only difference is, no one came forward to submit a post on the forums saying "I am glad, I switched to Paid Hosting..".

Derek who is our tech. bymistakely changed his mail to the one which is monitored by the EMAIL PIPING handler.Now, when a ticket dropped in, each send a confirmation (which bounced back) and the same kept on happening too and fro until the software got crashed.Because of which, We had to re-setup the entire software and also updated the version. Minor bugs have been fixed :(

who the heck pays the monthly fee just to keep crashing MySQL and the server?I agree, everything I have runs on MySQL and I pay for this, it seams to crash every 15-30min or so, I work on my sites constantly, but I can't when it is like this.Whoever is doing this should be fined for doing this to all of us lolbut how come this only happens here? Most pay hosted sites on the internet have like 90some percent uptime, and alot of them are hosted, just because of one person attacking the server we can't have that uptime?

who the heck pays the monthly fee just to keep crashing MySQL and the server?
I agree, everything I have runs on MySQL and I pay for this, it seams to crash every 15-30min or so, I work on my sites constantly, but I can't when it is like this.

Whoever is doing this should be fined for doing this to all of us lol

but how come this only happens here? Most pay hosted sites on the internet have like 90some percent uptime, and alot of them are hosted, just because of one person attacking the server we can't have that uptime?

I can understand your frustration.

Here is a list of reports and suspentions we carried out in the past 2-3 weeks for DELTA.

1. HLstats a script (even previously mentioned on forum) was disabled. This script used to run every minute and started a server to record and update stats on website.

2. Three Sites having problem of MAIL INJECTIONS were caught.

3. Site with generated random data by leaching other source running mass number of WGET queries was moved to another server where HTTP service was optimized.

4. More than 25 IPs were banned for BRUTEFORCE attempt.

5. One of the biggest hogup was an account kXXXXXX.com was recieving around 75 mb of spam each day. Please note, 75 MB is not a joke. It does look small, but considering 75 mb of text is very large. We had to suspend that account. And un-suspended the site, after installing and redirecting its mail servers.

No doubt, it was a bad time for DELTA. :(