xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Blaz05

What Do You Think About Ipod

it's almost a fashion statement. but anyways, the thing is that sure, it's good quality, but you can get good alternatives for the same price. iRiver is a perfect example, their's is better per dollar, photos and media. Only different is the scren size, like 1/4th inch smaller. we can all try and save a little bit of money.

I never was going to buy one but i always wanted one. They were too expensive and not worth the money. So i now ended up getting one for free from an online offer and i use my ipod every day. I am a college student and it makes walking to class much easier along with studying at the library or downstairs in my apartment. I just dont have to worry about disturbing anyone and i can listen to music which makes me work better.

It is just a fashion statment. They appeared out of nowhere and suddenly everyone was getting one. Apple knew they were onto a winner and splashed out on marketing and designer newer versions. And all those accessories. There's so much junk you can get for them these days like furry carry cases or sock cases or some sort of camera converter. My god you have a screen on nearly all digi cams anyway that's about the same size as the ipods screen. Why do you need this tool?I'm not going to go for it. I admit they are pretty good but there are equally as good and some better portable media players out there.Personally I went for a minidisc player. I don't know why, I just prefer them.

I'm not too fond of iPods, as you can get MP3 players with the same storage and functions for a lot less. When you buy an iPod it's like buying an expensive car, some of the money is purely to pay for the fact that it is that make and brand. They also seem to break relatively easily and get scratched too quickly, so your nice new fashion item is ruined after a week in your pocket with keys and a mobile phone.

I think it's just a fashion statement too. I really don't like iPods, purely because they break so easily. I feel sorry for the people who need/ed to just change the battery but had to send it back. There are lots of MP3 players out there that you can just change batteries e.g. Creative Zen. I also prefer the microphone & FM radio (you can record the radio) on the Zen... the majority of people I know who have them didn't even bother to research how they're going to spend ?150. They just think "my friend's got an iPod, I'll get one too". If they actually thought about it, I'd have more respect. But they don't listen to me either. I've heard so many bad stories about iPods... Anyway. It's their money lol.

The old iPods were rather good, I thought. In terms of sound quality, durability, storage capacity etc. Obviously they were expensive, as they were one of the original large capacity portable digital music players.Once the hype kicked in, iPods became cool, and that's all I'd say they're good for. The Nano's are rather bad and expensive - in terms of sound, and the screen durability. I have to admit they're stylish though. Also I guess, the technology is starting to get old, and the prices haven't dropped since day one, whereas all the other mp3 players have dropped their prices. Not to mention the battery problems with all the iPods and the time and cost involved in replacing them.

Ipod is good and is considered one of the high end MP3 players in the market. I like it's sleek interface and the nice feature of viewing album pictures and lyrics while the music is playing.However comparing Ipod with Creative Zen, I'd prefer the Zen for it's superb sound quality. Somehow I can never get the same sound quality on the Ipod. I've tested sounds of different bitrates, effects, THX and surround sounds on both players and realised that the Zen produced a movie-like sound effect. It really sounds like I'm watching a movie. I just love how the sound transitions in a the effect of a circle or as though something fly passed you.Besides the sound quality, Ipod has inbuilt battery while the Zen don't use an unbuilt battery. I think that's a major disadvantage of the Ipod when in the case of the battery mulfunctioning. That Ipod owners probably have to carry their whole Ipod for servicing. If worst, there could still be extra charges. The Zen however, if the battery has a fault, simply get a new battery to replace. It saves time and money for servicing.Interface wise, both Zen and Ipod works pretty good. Each has their own specialty in interface, hence no much comparison. It's still the user's preferability.

My comments on iPod are 1) Poor design - a plain white box tailored made for hospital environment 2) Looks really like those products made in China - a low end tech product, like digital watches and solar powered calculators, readily made by any production line in China 3) Too addicted to iTunes. And I don?t think iTunes is a good thing. Why should Apple be selling music? Are they getting out of personal computer business? Can you imagine Microsoft selling condoms? 4) All of the above, plus expensive.

I'm largely against supporting "trendy" culture (e.g. rampid consumerism brought on by heavy advertising to create fashion trends)--so it took me a while to try out the Ipod.A few months back my RioVolt SP250 (a cd/mp3 player) died, and so i was in the market for a new one. I had concidered buying a mp3 player, but they all seemed rather expencive. Then one of my friends offered to sell me her old Ipod mini for $20. As it was cheaper than even cd/mp3 players I happily agreed.I've had an ipod for about two months now, and I'm pretty satified. My only complaints are: 1) The battery is buggy--it sometimes dies and won't allow me to recharge it. 2) It isn't capible of reading the track number off of the ID3 tag, which is rather obnoxious because you need to make a playlist for each album that you want to hear in the correct order. 3) Itunes sucks (atleast for the PC)...but that is easily remided if you use another program, like Winamp with a plugin. 4) Only 3.5gb of space...but it's a mini...Conclusion: Not a bad buy for $20, but i certainly wouldn't pay the $150 it was retailing for.

I do not find Ipods cool either. As some of you have said it has poor design, I dont think it looks attractive. Most people thing they are "IN" and cool if they got one, and they are like bragging that "hey I got ipod and this makes me cool!".it is so expensive! yet it works just like any other mp3 players whice are available at much much cheaper cost, people are just buying the brand name. I do not need that much space for music, Sixty Gigabytes of space is way to much for me. I would only listen to around five or six CD audio CD if i am going to use an MP3 player, so i would invest to buy one that would suit my needs and satisfaction

I think that iPods are still cool despite their popularity and their exclusive pricing. I remember when I first got mine before the whole iPod thing started off. I agree that they are high-quality and the designers over at Apple really thought the whole process through and pretty much thought of everything there is possibly to think of when you use your iPod. Although the first ipod that I bought is currently broken - something is messed up with the hard drive - I still think that I would consider buying one. Of course, nowadays, it seems that wherever you turn there are always contests or competitions in which an iPod is the reward.