xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
semeticsister

Jerusalem's - Best Restaurant Ever a local restaurant review

Okay so today I was at this Middle Eastern restaurant in Minneapolis, and it is called Jerusalem's. First, let me start with the decor. The outside looks sort of like a mosque, only without those turret things, and when you open the door, you go through a curtain of beads and are greeted by arabic pop music and the pungent smell of falafel. Inside, it looks like a Bedouin tent, and there are lanterns hanging from the ceiling. There are about ten tables and a patio outside for during the summer. The walls and shelves are adorned with various paintings, tapestries, sculptures, pictures, plates, and portraits that depict the middle east, along with some nice looking amulets of the Evil Eye (go to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_eye if you are curious). It is a small restaurant, so it only employs one waitress during the weekends (her name is Annie and she's really nice). She sits you down at a table next to a window if possible, and gives a you a menu. The menu has some of the best Middle Eastern food ever! Falafel, kibbe, shwayrma, pitas, curry chicken, tahini, split pea & lentil soup, you name it! The service is impeccable, and the food comes to you in about ten minutes, if not less. There is also a great selection of wines, both Middle Eastern and Greek. The desserts are even better! The baclava is quite delicious, and they also have conventional American desserts like ice cream and cake, if you are too afraid (or uncultured lol) to try something out of the ordinary. The only thing that was absolutely crappy about this restaurant was the bathrooms.

YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to go through the kitchen to get to the restrooms, and they are pretty bad. Eww. I won't even talk about them, it makes me queazzy.

Oh yeah, about the restaurant.

They offer several beverage selections, including water, various sodas and pops, iced tea, hot tea, coffee, beer, wine, and hard liquor.

But the best part about this restaurant is that every Saturday night, they have a live belly dancer come in, and wow, it is fantastic.

If you live in Minnesota, you have GOT to go to Jerusalem's!!!! It's on Nicollet Avenue, the part where all the restaurtants are (Eat Street).

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Topic title and description modified.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)