xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Moving Forum To Trap17 Hosting Space

I own a InvisionFree Forum hosted for free in Invisionfree.com.Can I transfer my forum from the InvisionFree.com host to Xisto account.I so how to transfer all the forums and posts from the previous host to the new host.

There is something you should know about Invision Board. If you don't have a license to have one, Xisto and other hosting services--both free and paid--will no longer provide Invision board these days. Therefore, even if you can request Invisionfree to backup your database and download it, you will not be running a forum service using the backup unless you have Invision Power Board to install.

Ok then can I move my Invision Board to a vBulliten or PhBB board hoasted in Xisto.

You would have you convert it, and vBulletin isn't free software!

Otherwise to format or what forum can I transfer my forum to be hosted at Xisto.com

I dont think you can move Invisionfree at all, as AFAIK, they dont give you access to the Invision install files.

You would need to either get the Invision files (which can't be gotten legally anymore) or see if it is possible to convert it to phpBB.

Invision Free can't give any liscence to any user about SQL Database........And you don't have any permission for backup / change / copy / move this database.In the reference to your question related to Xisto.com, you have to install IPB/PHPbb on your account.........you can install vBulltin Software which is not a free software............in this his new installation you have to enter all your data manually.........Why not try PHPbb Full Mode from http://phpbbfm.net/, in which you will get all portal features and much more usefull and interesting things

I think there is a tutorial around that you can transfer from Invision Power Board to PHPBB but I don't know how you are going to be able to access the SQL Files to back up and what not. What you could do is just have your site redirect to the forums. That is of course if you have a site in addition but if you just have a forum you might be out of luck.

It'll be difficult to access the IPB SQL database those days considering IPB hasnt been providing the installation files for a while. Also keeping in mind those that may have licenses or dont.