xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
spy_charly

Ssl Available? anyone has it working?

hello again guys!, i was looking my cpanel and the ssl manager is suppose to give me a protection i need for a cart or a directory but the problem is that i can not have a real ssl enabled protection in my site...i have heard that it can be activated via an html page... any ideas how could i set it up for free or if you have made it run?

You have to buy an SSL certifcate from a trusted authority (like VeriSign). however, Xisto hosting does not support SSL certificates.

You need a dedicated IP address to install SSL on the server. Please contact support if you paid for it and it is not enabled.

thats' right.years ago,i found the oscommerce is using ssl cerfication.and i'm using the Xisto's host.so i 'm sure that there is not ssl support.it's expensive i'm sure.dude

I dont know if Xisto supports SSL or not , but about buying ssl .. you will have to buy from some company like verizon , and i think its price range start from 15 $ an year .. i guess i it is cheapest.. by the way why do you need ssl certificate ?? usually it is required for some kind of e- business.For your information , i paste one of the cheapest SSL Selling company's ad details ..$14.95 SSL Certificates https://www.positivessl.com/ Trusted by 99% of browsers, No More Paperwork, SSL issued in 3 minutes.