xisto Community
Blaz05

Mafia What do you think about it?

I burrowed this game from a friend of mine, I had high hopes for it but it didnt turn out as great as I thought. Then again I thought that the gameplay and controls were better and you werent a driver. I hate driving games, sure you dont always drive but you still mostly always do.

Mafia still remains as the best game for me.

What is it that you cannot do in that game

You can just walk around
Punch other guys to take off you anger
Drive cars
Shoot people
make money
Die by jumping into the water
Buy gas for your cars
Steal cars
even shoot the don to find you are dead

This is the first game in that season that came with superb graphics

another addition to the game was you could fall into the water.
i the othergames like hitman 1 and 2 in that time you could only reach the edge but you would not fall you could just stay there trying for the rest of your life.

About the graphics its really spell binding
This was yet the first game in which when you moved into line with the sun you could see the glare of the sun ( streaks of light from the sun )

And to make the game more interesting they came out with a "blue mod" in which an area of the city will be transformed into the 1990's look. the cars will be upgraded, the guns also will be upgraded.

And there are more addons that you can download and install. You can even change the skin of Tommy Angelo into the maxpayne look.
The cars can also be give skins like the suberu, nissan, even a ferrari.

The blue dream mod can be downloaded from
http://bonusweb.idnes.cz/

About the other skins i am not sure of the sites but please check out the news section of http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Hope you guys can get a new experience from playing the game with these mods.

I thought I played mafia for ps,anyway I don't remember too much about it besides the fact that there was a mission that I had alot of fun playing and I thought it was quite hard to beat the mission.It was the one were you had to shoot the guy in the white suite.Anyone remember?

I didnt play Mafia before this year: 2007. I saw that the graphics weren't as good as the games that come out nowdays, but when I think back to that year when it came out, well it must have been the game with the best graphics. The gameplay isn't bad either. The idea of having speed restrictions was cool too, but they should have had different speed limit different places. I hope they fix that if they make a Mafia 2, which I've heard they will.The storyline was really cool. The end cinematic is the best I've seen ever. So passionate :D. You don't get them like that nowdays. So what I'm trying to say is:MAFIA ROCKS!!!.......on the computer.

In general, looking at the game as a whole... Ive never played a game that was so well done. Ive had this game for years, and I usually play it through once a year or so.Ive watched the Godfather movies, and I own and have attempted to play the game. The movies were incredibly boring, to the point where I had troubles following what was going on, and troubles staying awake. The game, poorly done/half-assed. It was my understanding that the godfather's setting was based from the 1940s to the 1950s. Playing the game, although the game is just supposed to follow the movie, it really feels like some kind of arcade game... more like GTA3, but more hurried and not planned out.Mafia has period music: Django Reinhardt, The mills brothers, and a few others that I cant remember. The cars in the game, were based off cars avalible at the time in real-life. The handling of cars, cornering, acceleration... About as good as you would find in a driving/racing game from that year.Mafia? As far as the story goes... If anyone does not remember the opening scene, start a new game and sit through the whole introduction video. I had just watched it again, and I honestly feel mafia could have been an excellent movie. To summarize it, mafia has a different "feel" to the game, than anything else ive ever played. Putting the dated crap-graphics aside, it all seems like it could have really happened.At the very least, mafia is one of the better, if not best games to hop into a car (in freeride mode), and run over things...or do about 100Mph through traffic.

Really good game. One of the few games that is better on the pc than console. The game had a good storyline and the game play was pretty good to. I can't wait for the next one it's gonna be awesome.

Mafia 2 at November 2008!!

HOME PAGE

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--2K Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), today announced that it will publish Mafia 2, a sequel to the original Mafia title that sold more than two million copies worldwide and helped popularize the gangster genre. Featuring a deep mobster-driven narrative packed with both behind-the-wheel and on-foot action, Mafia 2 is the sequel fans have been clamoring for. The game is being developed by Illusion Softworks, developers of the original Mafia title, for next generation consoles and Games for WindowsŽ.

Like the original Mafia title, Mafia 2 immerses players in the mob underworld of a fictitious late 1940s-early 1950s scenario. Players will easily become engaged in the games cinematic Hollywood movie experience with strong, believable characters in a living, breathing city. By fusing high octane gunplay with white knuckle driving and an engaging narrative, Mafia 2 looks to be the industrys most compelling Mafia title to date.

As the original Mafia was a big success, we are excited to leverage the power of next generation console technology to create an all-new experience, while embracing the elements that resonated with the previous games fans, said Christoph Hartmann, President of 2K. The wow factor of Mafia 2 is definitely the benchmark-setting visual quality and action that you expect to see only in Hollywood movies.

My opinions:

Posted Image

I think this shot clearly tells us that the Colt M1911, .45 ACP handgun, will be making a comeback. This model looks a lot more realistic, in my mind, than the Mafia I model. It's a darker, gunmetal grey, instead of a glossy silver. It looks more like the guns on the desk in the Mafia I mainpage.

Posted Image

This is one of the screenshots that really sets the period. The fact that it's a Tommy-gun tells us that it's postwar USA, during the 1940s-50s, (The Tommygun was made oboslete in the 1960s). It tells us that we can also expect the return of the Tommygun.

Posted Image

Not much to say here. Just check out the details. The clothing, the faces, the radio, the cigarette-smoke, the bottles in the background and the handles on the beer-taps. The shadows are also great, here.

Posted Image

This is the last officially-released screenshot of Mafia II. The detail again, is amazing. The metalwork on the cars and the detail on the clothing and the buildings is incredible. The bus has "EMPIRE CITY TRANSPORT" written on the back of it. Does this mean that the game will be set in a place called "Empire City"? Who knows.

So, what are your thoughts on these pictures? I just one let alone. It is not really interesting for me :XD:

What can i say the game speaks for its self. The game is incredable by providing well justified weapons, endless amount of cars and great characters. The story and plot flow is countless and just keeps you on the edge with many twists and turn through out gameplay. The variation of each mission intalls something different every time and the missions are always fun to do even if you have to repeat it a few times. Thier are a high number of missions to play, all of which are good and very exciting to play. Overview - Mafia is one of the best games i have ever played and i would highly reccomend it !.

:rolleyes:;)

Notice from rvalkass:

Anything you copy needs to be in QUOTE tags.
Copied from /search?q=cache:4qqPY%3Bcd%3D1&gl=uk&gbv=1&sei=yr3tV-j2KsPkUozmhogB
Readme and rules

Wow, i really like how that mafia 2 game looks like. I hope my pc is going to run that game. But also i like how new GTA look like, and i can not wait until they publish the games. many, many, many wonderful games to play. i love it :rolleyes:

Between Swedish developer Digital Illusions' upcoming World War II shooter Battlefield 1942 and Czech Republic-based Illusion Softworks' newly available Mafia, September's turning out to be a banner month for great driving-shooting hybrids from European companies with the word "illusion" in their name. Arriving without much prerelease hype, Mafia is a highly engaging combination of the driving and living-city elements of Grand Theft Auto III and the story-driven third-person shooting action of Max Payne. What's more, it isn't plagued by the litany of problems usually associated with ambitious games from small development houses. Mafia looks and sounds great, it's exciting, it's suitably bug-free, and, at a time when eight hours is becoming the standard length for single-player shooters, it's long. Quite simply, Mafia is one of the best games of the year.

Now my opinion:
I think Mafia is a great game. The game provides a lot of cars, people and a vast history able to captivate the more demanding player. The missions are always different and fun. The playability of the game and undisputed.

I recommend this game to all players who like this type of game.

:rolleyes:;)
Edited by xtype (see edit history)