xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Google Calender New forthcoming service from Google

Google Calender a new forth coming service from Google.

This service enables us to maintain our appointments and evets online and help us to keep them on the move.

You can find the login page for this service here.

But when you enter the Username and Password you'll be shown a error message.

But we can expect Google to open this out for the public soon.

This increases the dominace of Google on the Web.

Click here to visit TechCrunch blog to view the Exclusive Screenshots of this service.

This doesn?t seem to be a big deal, you have your palm pilots, your Sidekicks? your Cell phones and whatnot, why would you even care about using GOOGLE to do all that stuff anyways, its not like you can carry it around, its on the web. Whats more is that I have a funny feeling that google IS working for the government, they could even use the calendar thing to find out what people are doing, search, email, everything. Just something to think about. I wouldn?t be surprised to find out that the founder of google has made a deal with the US government of something like that. You never know what people would do with money fueling their actions.

Wekkm dark_drgn..If you are talking about palm pilots or cell phones...not everyone has those! And as far as lucky ones who have those (including me)..it is just an added feature to your day to day routine!I've got a Nokia N-gage and I've lost my work of calendar 2 times...I dont know..what is the reason for that! And now..I've synced it with Yahoo's calendar and I've got a backup at yahoo and keep myself updated with the calendar...so you can think of that as a backup...It's all about..thinking of how you can make the maximum out of a free service provided to you!however, As far as Google's Joining hands with U.S. Government is concerned..then I think MSN & Yahoo have already done that...because they already have these services running!

Is Google Calender for mobile phones and devices only? I don't think so according to the website provided by the thread starter.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

The screenshots looks promising and has a little look of Gmail. Hence it is more probably for a PC than any mobile devices. Also, this new service from google certainly will be useful when set as our homepage or a web-base desktop as we can see our appointments at the start of the day. Similarly, there's another working alternative from another provider call 30Boxes providing the calender service as well, based on AJAX technology. It's very smooth with no noticable refresh screens. It's in beta but worked pretty well..

Check it out on 30Boxes..
http://www.30boxes.com/welcome.php

Pardon me but what does Wekkm mean. As for the calander, i personally don't see any use, unless your the CEO of some big company, the average person wouldn't need the calander to keep track of your daily activities.

Pardon me but what does Wekkm mean. As for the calander, i personally don't see any use, unless your the CEO of some big company, the average person wouldn't need the calander to keep track of your daily activities.

'Wekkm' seems to be 'well' but mistyped.

I think the calander is a pretty nice thing, it does look sexy, and seeing it is webbased you can check it everywhere if you just have an internet connection (School, work, internet café's). Integration with Gmail and other services from Google would make it an uber nice product in my opinnion.

This is a nice service, but I keep my personal calendar on my mobile phone and a PDA. Although this may be helpul when you forgot to brong your pda, you can use it as a back-up for emergency purposes.

yea, but it would suck if google crashed or something. If they are cramming everything into one company, what would happen if it went down for an hour or so, you wouldn't be able to do ANYTHING literally, you have everything in one service, your plans, schedule, email, stocks, whatever. your like dead without your precious google services.

I would consider using CL2, but, for the time being, it is only a limited beta (Gmail is also bata, but much more easier to join, so it doesn't really count anymore). Based on the images in the linked article, it does look quite a bit like Gmail, the color scheme is the same, it has nice little things here and there, etc.