xisto Community
Mortanis

Visual Basic Express Edition Beta How does it work?

Hey, I'm using (sorta) Visual Basic Express Edition Beta 2 (long name, eh?), but I can't find any good tutorials on it; all of them are for visual basic.net... Is this the same thing? I don't think so, and if I'm right, where can I go to get help for it?

They are pretty much the same thing between VB.NET and the new Visual Basic. In short, they are just VB.NET languages in different versions. The programming method and styles are very much alike. Hence whatever tutorial you got from VB.NET should work on your version. The software with long name that you have is just the SDK. It's among the later SDK that was prepared for developers to develop software for the new Windows Vista. Likewise, the usage is still quite alike. Probably new features are now added to improve. Coding will be alike..

I also downloaded the Express version and there are some differences I have noticed between code, names for controls and other such stuff. Normally names can easily be converted from one version to another, and various help is given in the software if you type code from other versions. I am currently writing a very simple tutorial for the Express version to create a basic image viewing application and it should be finished soon.