xisto Community
LeAnn Rimes My Angel

Toughest Boss Character(s) You've Ever Faced. In any game that you know of.

End Level of Stalker SOC and Stalker Clear Sky. On the Stalker Difficulty. It took me about a week for Shadow of Chernobyl, which involves you in getting to the center of Chernobyl station, literally its 1 man on 2000. Plus the extra endings, argh. Beat the game with normal ending it took me 2 hours for last level on hardest, beat the game with good ending it was an extra 2 hours. ARGH. because I had to go back and forth on Stalker's massive map :POk in Stalker CLear Sky, you have to defeat Strelok. He is hard, mainly cause he is carrying a rail gun. And as gamers know all bots have hacks. Basically the guy kept running away, this took me an hour to defeat. Slightly more easier.

The Undying boss in Clive Barkers "The Undying". After an hour of trying to defeat this boss (find its weak points) i gave up and put some cheats in just so i could see the finish.

2 tough bosses in one game,Star Wars: The Force Unleashed,Darth Sidious and Darth Vader in the game I gotta say are a real piece of work the 2 of them, Darth Sidious constantly throws force lightning at you and he loves using his powers he very rarely uses his lightsaber in the finale fight, Darth Vader is another tough customer even though you play as him in the beginning of the game, you get an idea of how powerful Darth Vader is.Zed of Zombie Revenge gives you a nice challenge I haven't played that game in a while and while he's not too tough he give you a nice fight and ending sequence.

Both of the toughest boss characters I faced till now are in the Prince of Persia series though in two different games...

Boss: The Dahaka

Game: Prince of Persia Warrior Within

First of all, getting to the Dahaka was tough, because he doesn't appear until you find all nine life upgrades in the game, which meant running around here and there looking for crakcs in the walls and under the floor....man that was frustrating! If you don't get all the life upgrades, you end up fighting Kaileena, the empress of time and that was a pretty easy fight.

After six hours of running here and there, I finally found all the life upgrades and finally got to meet the Dahaka. For those who don't know, the Dahaka is the monster who is bent on killing the prince throughout the game. He cannot be beaten except with a special sword which the prince gets only after getting all upgrades. He's huge, black and can shoot out tentacles at you even from under the ground. It was these tentacles that made things so hard. If I went too close to him he would attack directly. If I went away from him he would shoot from under the ground and these take away a lot of health. Finally, after sixteen odd trials, I managed to beat him and that was the best moment in my gaming life :(

Boss: Klompa

Game: Prince of Persia The Two Thrones

It's not a hard fight actually, but figuring out what to do took me a while. I always thought that the "speed kill" feature in this game could have been better utilised and this boss fight proved it. Under the speed kill rules, you have to attack only when the prince's dagger flashes. If you press the button too early or too late the kill fails.

Putting that apart, what do you think when you're supposed to fight a 50-feet tall giant? You'd think that you should attack as fast as possible. But no, in this fight the prince has to climb up two platforms one after the other, and execute three speed kills from each platform and only then could he attack normally. For figuring this out, I had to tear my hair out! The final boss fight was much easier than this because I knew that I would have to do speed killing in every boss fight.

Edited by kasperooney (see edit history)

The Toughest Boss In A Game Is From RTCW Toughest Boss Character(s) You've Ever Faced.

The Toughest Boss Battle Ever Are In Return To Castle Wolfenstien Where You Have To Take 2 Uber Solder In The Dig Site It Is Almost Impossible And Hinrich The Final Boss Which You Have To Kill At The End Of The Game Takes All Your Ammo On Easy Difficulty On Hard He Is Almost Impossible.

-reply by Eeshan Mulye

The Last boss of Megaman 64 - Juno

A challenging boss, but very do-able once you have the right gear

I forget all the specs on my buster cannon but it had a good balance of range and power. The end result color was orange.  The special buster was that laser you can make from that figurine.

With lots of hopping and slidding this boss makes for a lot of fun

One of the hardest bosses ever in any game that I have ever played was a boss in an old game (wasn't very popular) that I played called Hoedown Brawl. I believe it was one of the last levels. This boss was really over powered and you was not able to touch him because he dealt damage to you. The only way to beat him is was to take out his armor by hitting him with ranged attacks and then take him out but it was hard because he moved really fast to it was hard to hit him and you had to keep jumping to dodge his attacks. He was overpowered and it took a mere 2 hits on me to make me die (i guess it was because I was a low level but still...). HE also had a ridiculous amount of health. I dont recall ever beating that boss.Another one of the hardest bosses that I ever faced was Lu Bu from Dynasty Warriors on Hard Mode. If you have ever tried beating him with any character with a level 1 weapon, you will know how insanely hard it is to beat him. In that level that he is in, you can avoid him but it is pretty difficult since he spawns in front of you with the fastest horse in the game. It is like a game of tag except for once Lu Bu tags you, you are a goner. I remember having so much fun with my friends on multiplayer mode teaming up on Lu Bu countless times. We got pwned :)

In most games, bosses are normally the easiest part for me, unless it's like Final Fantasy or something. The Crystal Guardians in the Great Tree in Final Fantasy V has had me stuck for over a year now, I have to say, it's pretty annoying. One of the hardest bosses that I've been able to beat on multiple occasions is probably the Big Core Mk. III from Gradius III, IV and V. It's at its hardest in V and requires a lot of good timing. I especially can't stand the diamond lasers it shoots, since I have problems with reflective patterns like that.

I can't really recall what is the hardest among so many games, but these are some that left me quite deep impressions when I was playing PS1 games years ago:

Parasite Eve 2 (PS1) - the freaking large boss standing in the middle of the battle area. it's just pure ugly and gives u a Game Over if you stare at his hollow bloody chest too long. I can't complete that nightmare mode, not even Disc 1 of 2 - everything's juz too hard. Flip desert battle

Vagrant Story (PS1) - everything inside during first gameplay. It was just horrible. There was no difficulty mode to set, and, everything in the game could just kill you in seconds. Things get better during subsequent gameplays coz' you have all the necessary equips and weps to take them on.

Fatal Frame 2 (XBox) - after Chapter 4, things get really scary. There is not much healing stuff (coz you can't buy them at first gameplay, but find them.) and monsters are juz mobing your health away. I wonder how my sis managed to complete it once with piles of healing stuffs at the end of the game. Maybe it does not have the toughest boss, but it has some of the toughest situations.

Chrono Cross - Dario

I was an idiot until I read an online guide. You can't fight him head-on without some armor that absorbs damage from an certain element. I was like having no-more-than-ten-turn battles dozen times a day, seeing that freak tossing a sword that juz finished the three characters in my teams, one each turn.

There are many more, juz that I can't dig them out of my brain right now.

When i was smaller the toughest boss i ever faced was Bowser, but a couple of years ago i got Street man VS Xmen and the boss Apocalypse was the toughest i have ever faced as i dont play many games where you fight bosses, but another tough boss game was the 3rd Time Crisis final boss in my opinion.