xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
saga

My First 2 Sig first

after reading few tutorials about crafting sigs, i tried making 2 sigs and it took me 5 hours...

its not that good actualy but its my first so what do you expect :(

anyway.. any bad comment? include some good ones so you wont break my heart...

this is the first one..

Posted Image

and here is the second one.. which is much more worst than the one above it :(

Posted Image

so what do you think?

Edited by saga (see edit history)

#1. Posted Image

-The coloring is decent

-The text has too much of a bevel on it.. try flattening it down a little bit by lowering the 'Depth' and 'Size' of the bevel.

-The text could use some outer-glow effects perhaps to try to bring it together more with the background..

-The duplicate of the head with the transparency could use some other effects on it to make it look more like background and less like just a translucent duplicate.

-Perhaps a border around the image itself to kind of seal it off.. gives it a more finished look.

#2. Posted Image

-I like the background quite a bit more on this one.. but the blue and blue/white lines and flares would probably look better in a brighter red to bring it into the background.. the blue contrasts with the red and it makes it look wierd.

-The renders are both done quite nicely.. the lighting and shading are just right and the color is good.

-I like how the text is pulled into the background on this one.. perhaps it would be better with some glow or something just for a LITTLE bit more definition.. otherwise it's fine.

Great job on both of the images man! Keep it up!

Zythrix pretty much covered it. But, to add to what he said. Yes, both could use a border, but since the images are basically monochromatic, i would suggest some kind of 3-pixel border for each. First pixel, the outer-most border, should be black for both. Inner-pixel's color should relate to the color the sigs are based on. And the inner-most pixel, should be black.