xisto Community
Albus Dumbledore

My First Ever Sig... No laughing..ok maybe a little

Ok, well i have decided to take in a career in graphix making and i entered the recent SOTW..and i want everyones comments and critisims..i dont care if you think it sucks monkey nuts on a sunday night...please tell me i want to improve my graphix making wether you think it is good or bad..give me a description about it....

Posted Image

please! lol it is my first ever and i want all of the critisism you can give me good and bad!!

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

maybe between us graphix noobs..if i may call you that...but the better graphix people there will be probably no competition..well good luck with your sigs i posted on yours...and thnx for posting on mines :(

Alright buddy! Welcome to GFX. I'll critique it if you like.-The edge around the person is kind of rough.. it could be cropped cleaner or have some matching inner/outer glow applied to it to clean the edge a bit..-The text is a little flat.. try textures.. slight bevel effects etc.-The 4 objects (background, text, person, cup) dont fit together. It just looks like you came up with a simple background and pasted the 2 items and dropped some text on [which is likely what you did, but this is a learning process!]. Try to have all the items roll together a bit more.. that's the best I can explain that at the moment =/-Though it is a matter of personal preference, I have to say I don't like the vertical signature. It looks pinched and it stretches the page farther.-Also, if a render you are using has lighting on it already (the light on the left side of the person) either remove the lighting from them or try to make the rest of the lighting on the page match it.. give other objects appopriate shadowing etc.There's my 2 cents man! Keep it up! In no time at all you'll be passin me up! hehe.

Edited by Zythrix (see edit history)

*sigh* i might have to get photoshop back because that is what everyone is using....oo well ill have to learn to use that, it might take a while..and the only reason that it is tall is because that was requirement of the SOTW..but erm..yeah i just threw it all together...its really the only thing i know how to do..heh but thanx for your input! ive printed this off and im gunna see if i can figure out how to do the stuff in photoshop..hell i dont even know how to do that stuff in paint shop pro

Dumbledore..I will highly suggest you to use photoshop!In early sig making days..I used THE GIMP but my sig results were never great and later I started using Photoshop and I think that my sigs' quality has increased a lot!As far as this sig is concerned....* YOU NEED GOOD BRUSHES.* YOU NEED TO FOLLOW PRETTY MUCH WHICH "Zythrix" has said :(

I used to be a Paint Shop Pro junkie.. I despised Photoshop. Then I learned to work with the devil and it became my best friend in graphic design. All it takes is a lil time playing with the program and helpful input from those more knowledgable (whether it be first-hand lessons, tips or a tutorial). You can check resources such as good-tutorials.com .. I'm far from the best at Photoshop but I still have a lot of fun seeing what I can do.Let's see some new submissions soon man!

Zythrix basically summed it up. Other things that need to be done though are this. Try to create a sense of depth. This can be done by dropshadows or moving layers around.

Let's see some new submissions soon man!

lets hope so, i would like to just because it seems fun but if only i could bloody learn how to work it! lol

Allow me just to suggest a good place for all of you: pixel2life.comGreat site, with a lot of tutorials for different programs including phptoshop (my favourite), paint shop pro, 3dsmax, swish, anything else you might think of...Good luck with learning!p.s. Practice makes perfect! Remember that all the time...

the only problem with pixel is that it selective on sig making tutorials, what i suggest is go to chaosgfx.com or gamerenders.com for more detailed tutorials but get ready for a long night though alot of people have different ways to do them so you have to ready a little and then decided which one is the best.

Pfft, you guys might have started with Paint Shop Pro, I, on the other hand, started with Macromedia Fireworks. Now that is a terrible graphics program (for sigging, that is). :(Anyway, I'd go with everything Zythrix said, plus what mayank said, plus what Mike said.If you happen to need any tutorials, I have some pretty well done ones...just pm me and I can send some to you.