xisto Community
MaineFishing45

First Signature I Have Ever Desinged... Well This is #1 and it looks good

This is my 1st ever signature, and well this is what it turned out to look like. After out board went down, well its comming back up, and all the previous members have this and are about to use it. Any one with some comments or helpful tips please telll me. And what can I do to make it look cooler or add flashing text? Anything welcome positive or negative. Rember that this is my first sig. :(

URL: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

IMG: Posted Image

I know this is not anything special but... who cares, my first, and hopefully not my last! Its really basic, just how I wanted it. Nothing special. I will work on that.

Edited by MaineFishing45 (see edit history)

you are right, there is nothing interesting about it nothing special about it, but it is your first ever sig..and with practice you will get better...i use Paint Shop Pro, so i cant really give you any detailed ideals for it because you use photoshop...but it think that color in the text might be good, or a colorful/a picture background..lol dont take my advice though im just as much of a noob as you :(

Just a reminder to you two that, as unbelievable as it may sound to you, even Saint Michael was a beginner once. Practice, practice, practice, and it'll come with more practice. Did I mention that you might have to practice once in a while?

I think the first step is to be creative with thoughts. You can use the Invision default logo but why not be creative by using your signature name, Freeman?

And so I give you FM logo

Posted Image

You can start with a simple idea and just add little more at a time.

A simple text manipulation. I started with a white square and turn it 45 degreeds. Then I added the FM text and cut away the text part. I then return to original degreeds and then added the drop shadow. Finally, filled the background with nice shade of blue family.

Just a reminder to you two that, as unbelievable as it may sound to you, even Saint Michael was a beginner once. Practice, practice, practice, and it'll come with more practice. Did I mention that you might have to practice once in a while?

That is funny. He still is a beginner. Jk. Anyways like they said, the people that are good here like Johnny and the rest have had alot of practice using the programs and what not. If you want to get good I suggest that you get photoshop. After a while the interface gets very easy to understand. Also listen to the comments that the people have to say. That is how I am steadily trying to improve.

Thanks... BuffaloHELP. Freeman is our schools name, thats the board. So I'm also designing some Team Icons, that look really cool, and I like them. There nothing special, but hey! And I use photoshop, it comes with my school laptop. :(

with a simple design like how about give it that professional look grab your circle marquee tool and create a half circle top or bottom then fill it with white then lower the fill or opacity to 20% and it gives you that little touch and also slap a little gradient effect use black and white and then set that to overlay to give it another little boost as well.and then work on some text effects like making the text glow or to increase the professional look do a reflective text on it as well.

True dat.

That is funny. He still is a beginner. Jk.

lol, poor mikey.

Anyways like they said, the people that are good here like Johnny and the rest have had alot of practice using the programs and what not.

Aww, shucks. Thanks.

So to reiterate, just keep on doing sigs and learning new techniques. A good place to start is tutorials, which you can find on different websites, or you can get some from me (I've bought rights to a handful of nice ones.) and I can give them to you free. They're kind of advanced, but might still be helpful. Just let me know if you want any, and I can pm them to you.

It took me 3 or 4 months to get half-decent with graphics design... It's been a looong time now, I'm still not as good as I want to be, but I'd say I know insane amounts more than when I first started.