xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kim

Some Men Don't Want To Pay Child Support

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

So it seems that some men think it's unfair to pay a woman child support for a child he didn't want. Does that seem right? Isn't the child still his child?
That's just selfish and irresponsible. How much freedom does a man want? No one is asking him to get pregnant for 9 months and take care of the child, his child. If everyone in society gets what he or she wants, we wouldn't have civilization.
Edited by Kim (see edit history)

well it may not be verry exciting news..but it is listed under css, which likely means they talked about it in one way or another on the news so it would be news..but about the child support i think that they need to be foreced in some way to ay it wether it be torturing them or whatever just because they are the ones who had the child and need to pay for the damage they inflicted on the womans life and then abandoning her or divorcing her..but thats my opinion

well it may not be verry exciting news..but it is listed under css, which likely means they talked about it in one way or another on the news so it would be news..but about the child support i think that they need to be foreced in some way to ay it wether it be torturing them or whatever just because they are the ones who had the child and need to pay for the damage they inflicted on the womans life and then abandoning her or divorcing her..but thats my opinion

I like your opinion! Except I wouldn't call it damage, but they still should share the responsibility.

i think child support is alright. .but it is outrageous when the women is asking for more than it is needed. But in this case.. i would say the man should pay for child support. After all, it is his daughter.. it isn't someone's else daughter... So i think the most he can do for her is to pay the child support. It's only $500 a month. It's not like he doesn't have enough money or 500 dollars is like 50% of his paycheck. He's a computer programer. .I'm pretty sure he will make over 2 grand a month. The mother's efforts of raising a child is more than $500 / month. So i don't think he should be complaining about it.. If i were him, i would pay, unless she's a *BLEEP* and i don't know if the child is mine.. then i would get a dna check.

well i would call it damage if it was a teen that got another teen pregnate and the other teen didn't want it or even if they were adults and the girl didn't want it..because if they found out the girl was having the baby then left the girl...then they are damaging their life..it is pretty much ruined the baby will more than likely not know their real father..but yeah it is not really damage they just so stupid leaving the girl with such a huge responsability

I read about this yesterday. His girlfriend knew he didn't want to have a kid. She told him she couldn't have any, so he didn't worry about it. Normally, I think responsible birth control should be practiced by both people. With HIV around, he should have used condoms with his girlfriend anyway. But in this case, she deliberately lied to him about not being able to have children. So she trapped him into getting her pregnant against his wishes.In a case like this one, where a woman traps a man into getting her pregnant, I think it should be different. She should be required to prove she can support the child herself if she wants to keep it. If she can't support it, then he should be offered custody if he wants it. If he doesn't, then other family members should get the option to get custody or adopt it. If there is no one in either families willing or able to take care of the child, then it should be put up for adoption. I think abandoning your own child like a deadbeat dad is wrong, but trapping a man into getting you pregnant and then expecting him to pay for the child is wrong, too. If you really want a child that much, pay for it yourself. She wanted a child, and expects a man who didn't want one to pay for it. She took away his choice on whether or not to have a child by lying to him. If it were something similar instead of a child, what she did would be considered a criminal act - fraud. And she would be facing jail time over it. If it's a crime to lie about what condition your house is in when you sell it to someone, why should it be all right for her to lie about being sterile? I think girls below the age of 17 who get pregnant should be required by law to give the children up for adoption. There's a lot of people out there who would love to adopt such children and give them a good childhood. I'm not saying that it's impossible for a young single girl to be a good mother, but the odds are against it. It would be better to have them all adopted than to have a few turn out all right, and the rest turn out bad by letting them all keep them. I know most people would probably not agree with that. Consider this: what is more important, the rights of a child who has a child, or the baby's rights? I think what's best for the baby should be the most important thing. I think some (but not all) of society's current problems come from children of young mothers who did not raise them right.

Lets look at it through a different perspective shall we? Im going to use my mother for an example, my dad isnt the father of all my siblings, and so he should really have only paid for me. Anyway my mother demanded him to pay money, but why should he have to pay? Why couldnt any of my other sibling's dads pay? And he wanted to marry my mother, and she wouldnt marry him, so eventually he moved on because she pushed him out of her life, and yet he should have to pay? When he wasnt the one who was causing the problems in the relationship. And just so you know, all the money he did send her, didnt ever EVER go to me, it went to my mother and my other siblings. Another example, my ex had a girlfriend for 4 years and they both knew he was gay, and they did have sex and she ended up pregnant. Now she didnt find out till after they had broken up. Now she WONT let him see his daughter, and yet she is asking for child support? thats not fair because its not like he is saying he doesnt want a part of the babies life, he does but she wont let him. Another example, the parents go to court, the mother gets custody [which always seems to be the way, since apparently dads are just so awful] and she gets child support, does that NOT suck that not only cant the dad see his kids that often but he has to pay for them too? I just have known alot of great dads, who have been pushed out of their kids life, and they alot of times CANT pay the money its not that they wont, its that they finacially cant. Then yeah there are the dads who WONT pay. But theres also the dads who do [like my father] and their money is NOT put into good use.

That?s just sick, what is up with the girl. She wants him to pay child support yet she won?t even let him see his own daughter? What kind of parent is she, think about the child for once, what will be the outcome of such a thing. Normally we all grow up with two parents, nobody wants just one, you need the Dad too, why think only about yourself, you have to think about your child too. A little off topic?.if he was gay, why did they have sex?

Whether they had a one night stand or have been together for years and then decided to break up, the guy should still pay child support. He was involved in making the child and should help raise it even if he is only giving a hundred or so a month and didn't think the woman would get pregnant.And if a man wants so much to make his own decisions, why doesn't he just think about the choice he made when he decided to have relations with the person?

In most cases it is not that a man doesn't want to pay child support for his children, but he resents the fact that he has to pay it to their mother. I think it is more of a control issue than a money issue. If a man pays money to the mother of his child(ren) then she has control over the way it is spent. If the father was allowed to control how the child support was used, he would probably be more willing to pay it. Most men seem to fear that the "child support" will be used as "alimony". Unfortunately, a lot of the time this is the case.

reply to non-justification

Some Men Don't Want To Pay Child Support

Replying to Kim

She should of went for an abortion. Women fought to have the right upheld, correct ?. Why, because it was their choice. Is it then fair to say the women is irresponsible, my God, then there would 20,000 liberal feminist stampeding across the nation. My point being is, the man does not have the option to get an abortion, just a ruling and bill of child support.

I think you all are messed up. It all depends on a situation. Not all men should have to pay. Maybe woman need to stop sticking there ***** in every guys face and respect there bodies! 80% of girls I know are sick who are you people to think every situation is the same. If a woman has sex with a boy its rape vise versa why do guys get all the shaft of every situation. If my man was raped and some ***** tries to get his child support for some baby that technically ain't his HE WILL NOT PAY IT! All you people need to stop being so damn biest. Just cause a woman can put on some fake tears. Woman what mens money cause there to busy getting knocked up then getting a damn job to pay for there mistakes. Woman get a backbone stop going after all these men and messing up there life's.. Use RUBBERS they make them for a reason-feedback by ashlee

I agree with the last poster...The mother could have had an abortion, but she did't...She made her own bed and she should lie in it...I don't really enjoy kids, I don�t want to be around them�...I never did�..When people talk about kids I automatically tune out...I have absolutelly no interest in that conversation.Kids are messy, they scream and they require constant attention, to me they are a big liability...I DON'T hate kids, I just want nothing to do with them... Why do I say this you ask?This kind of ties into this whole topic... I will try to explain...Keep in mind I�m just being honest here and I will not try to sugar-coat it...My goal in life is to do what I want, when I want and answer to no-one and outside of work, have as little responsibility as possible...Something that isn�t fesible for most people, if they choose to have kids.I know some of you are already seing red at this point, because what I just said seems to be a taboo in this society and most people dare not question the �status quo�...You are brought-up in this society to have kids, get married, get a house with a white picket fence and an SUV so you can haul your family around...And if you don�t want that... You must be a bad person and there must be something wrong with you...Unfortunatelly I had a little accident when I was about 16 and my condom broke at a house party I was at...Next time I have seen the girl she has informed me that I�m a father now and it�s time to act like one or else...I naturally chose the "else" without hesitation...It just made me angry, because:I DIDNT WANT THISI DIDN�T ASK FOR THIS...And now something I DON�T WANT is being forced on me through courts??!!??!!How can you legislate someone to take care of something he didn't want to begin with?????The MOTHER is the ultimate decision maker...She could have had an abortion, but she chose not to...Now she�s stuck with her choice and I want no part of it, yet I�m being punished for it...So then there�s the saying... "it�s different when they are your own" NO IT�S NOT!I have no intentions to be a part of his life, I never did, I have no feelings towards him and I care about him about the same, as I do about the kid, who lives down the street from me...Faking it would do more harm than good, aside from being dishonest.You can�t force someone to feel certain way about someone else...Kid or adult, nor you can legislate it...Of course she has dragged me through courts to get child support, which I think is a wrong concept to begin with...In short...I have created a new taxpayer for the government.I feel, if anything, the government should pay me, since they are the ones who will get their hands into his pockets, when he gets his first job and starts paying taxes...If you give me a seed to an apple tree, how would you feel, if I made you take care of it, under a threat of litigation and financial ruin, until the tree gives apples and then I get to be the one who harvest?And for those who feel that the taxpayers should not be on the hook for this...I got news for you...I'm a non-smoker and I excercise reguralry...Yet my tax money goes towards health care for those who make poor lifestyle choices...So there now we are even...My biggest regret in life is not getting a vasectomy some 15 years ago, I could have saved myself a lots of headaches...

Also there needs to be a clear distinction between a guy who wanted kids and changed his mind once presented with his offspring (I agree that he should be gone after by the law) and a guy who didn't want anything like that in the first place and, pregnency was accidental and the relationship was just casual (like in my situation)...The later shouldn't be forced to pay, since the mother had the option of fixing thre mistake through abortion, but she didn't and now she wants to take someone else down for her mistake...Because remember SHE is the ultimate decision maker