xisto Community
Dooga

Have You Heard Computers Sing? Text to speech... or Text to song?

I bumped into this page:when I was browsing the internet Posted Image

Scroll down to the bottom, and you'll hear some pretty amazing songs! Sung by text to speech synthesized voices!

Edited by moderator (see edit history)

that's pretty tight. I've heard a scanner play music before. You know all those beeps? Soemone wrote a program for a specific scanner (which i used tohave but it broke) and played fur elise with it.

thats pretty cool! lol that a computer can play the music like that, lol some strange songs, but still kind of kool! wish i coould download somthing like that

It'll be awhile before they hit the top ten, but still quite an advancement. There doesn't seem to be an end to where all this technology is taking humankind. Next thing will be a computer to walk your dog...

computers talking to dogs!! kewl!! that would be awsome!! lol i want to tell the dog somthing i type it in the computer and it translates it! lol that is an awsome ideal jlhaslips..haha

Wow, now that will be an interesting toy to play with on the pc. Specially since Im not really a good singer and its hard to get someone to sing to the music I make. Thats pretty cool.

Is it just me or does this seem to be one of the weirdest and probably most pointless things Microsoft has ever developed? Would people go out and buy a CD of Microsoft Sam singing "You Have Selected Microsoft Sam As The Computer's Default Voice"? It'd certainly not make the top ten.

Wow... they don't sound they if it was sang by a computer..
Anyway, it is possible if I could download the software? And is it free for download?
I cannot find a download link there...

Also, this may be somewhat related to Speakonia posted on the board earlier..
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/34343-speakonia-voice-synthesizer-free-download-a-text-to-speech-convertor-that-is-really-cool/=

Nice find out.. 1 talks, and 1 sings..

Mark and melanie should release a single, i'd buy it :( It's quirky and cute. Can you imagine it, if you got a good enough computer voice you could be making millions out of a computerised popstar and everyone could do it!

It's still a noticeable difference between the computer and human but this is a huge improvement from the current computer that are loaded on most windows machines. The first time I heard a computer sing was with bonzi buddy many years ago and it was singing bicycle. Hearing this new technology and comparing it's quite amazing how life-like this is getting.

wow thats crazy, ive never heard such clear text to speech talking. Although the voice is a bit whiney, i've never heard anything like it. especially the duet, that was crazy. sounds a lot better than kelly clarkson o.O :(, i haaaate her and her stupid songs grrrrr :(

now computers can sing by themselves lol, pretty astonishing, I have used text to speech and sometimes they are really that usefull but for me there's still a lot of room for improvement, we'll see in the future updates an what's in store for us.

as jlhaslips posted int he free stuff forum, he found a Text-to-speech program that will read what ever text you put in it.. the topic can be found HERE I downloaded it and there are a few different voices on the same page where you downlaoded the player that you an download and use..best of all its free and you can save the text as a .wav file =))