xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
clouds421

Stage Fright Your experience or advice

I'm already over 18, but still have stage fright. Although it's improved a lot compared to when I was younger, I still get really nervous when I have to talk in front of people. And it's not mental--when I was young, it might have been, but now I feel okay about doing it, but what my body does is like out of my control. Right when I step up, my hearts mysteriously starts beating profusely harder, my knees feel wobbly and my voice becomes tense; sometimes I stutter over words, become lost for words so I start saying "ums" a lot, all I can do it stare at one place, and what not. I think it's probably very obvious I'm really nervous. It's a pretty bad problem considering I'm a business major... and I often feel like I'm the only one like this. Sigh.Share your experience, advice if you can...

Hmm... usually when people speak in front of crowds for a while they kind of get used to it, maybe speaking on front of people is just not for you lol sorry I can't be of much help... but I think it's normal for people to have stage fright anyway, if it's obvious you get really nervous perhaps you could talk to someone you work with about it and maybe you can do something else unless you like speaking in front of crowds, if that's the case I guess you just need to learn some self control and more practice at public speaking?When I have to speak in front of my class I'm usually confident but once I get there I start feeling a bit shaky but not as nervous as you said you get!

Im one of those NOT SHY people..who would go out on stage and fart...I like to make people laugh and make fun of people and make the class laugh and stuff...Plus when I was 5 I did dumb acting where you just don't do anything.I was picked out of like 2000 kiddes...I was in some play called Miss Saigon doubt you heard of it in the Royal Theatre.....I didn't gt scared because I was probably too young....the later years I tried to audition for another theatre I didn't get in :(Try joining those debate clubs...