xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Plans For My Room

I know i have posted on here before that i have plans for buying a laptop for school, but i also have plans for my room! big plans! i am only 15 and i have another 3 years left in my parents house atleast..and so i want to make them enjoyable, and i am planning on making my room a type of theatre..i am thinking about doing this;setting my TV up on a projector so if i want to watch somthing big screen all i have to do is pull down a screen and the projector will be positions onto the cieling pointing at the screen...i also plan on having surround sound lol yes i know it is a verry small room but i still think it would be cool! i would put the screen in front of my clsoet *which has no doors so its good* and i can pull it down, hide all the junk in my closet *not much cept clothes* and watch TV or a movie, while listening to it in suround sound...im guessing the projector would be about $1k-$2k...($1,000-$2,000) dollars..and the screen would be under 1k, ($1,000) i allready have the TV and DVD player..the surround sound system, from the looks of it under 500 dollard depending on how i customize it..so i'd be talkin $3.5k ($3,500) and i could take these with me wheneevr i move..so its an ideal..voice your negative and posative opininions!! convince me not to, or convince me to do it even more!

Man, ur one rich 15 year old. I'm 16, and I can barely afford to keep gas in my car.Anyway, I would suggest not getting a projector, especially if you're going to plan on playing games. The bulbs on those things go so quick, and their so expensive. I'd just go with a nice LCD, or a DLP TV.

Certainly sounds like an ambitious project. I imagine that as you grow older, you'll always revise the plans for you room/apartment (during and after college) according to your needs.

That sound like a great idea if you a lot of money, since you do, I say go for it. Since you have three more years of school left, then I guess it makes sense for you to make your room better.

I think the projector is a perfect idea, because it is so easy to move compared to a huge dlp or lcd tv, besides a projector that is between the 1k and 2k budget hast support for hdtv, If you do have all that money I would definetely say go for it, because a projectors bulb lasts somewhere in between 3000 to 4000 hours, and if you exaggerate, lets say a quick example where you would use the projector 10 hours a day that would make it 3650 hours per year. Which is not bad. Im currently saving for a projector also, I see it as a great idea, Im going to sell my tv, and In a couple of months Ill have the money to buy one, In my case I would use it for ocassional movies and playing games (about 10 hours a week) so I wouldnt worry to much about the bulb.

lol i wouldn't be using it 10 hours a day thats for sure >_< maybe 5 or 6..but on weekends OO BOY but basicly a bulb a year isn't bad :-d i could live with that, i dont have the budgeting now but once i get my paychecks from my jobS this summer lol

Man, ur one rich 15 year old. I'm 16, and I can barely afford to keep gas in my car.

You're richer than me. At least you have a car and gas money. I only have a few pennies to my name. All the bills keep sucking up the money I make online.