xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
A.J. May

Vote For Your Favorite Google Feature

google features  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

which is your favorite :lol:

Notice from mayank:
Certainly it is a nice topic however the quality of post is not that good!

Please make sure that you put content in your posts..make larger posts.

This way you will be able to make more credits and conversation becomes more interesting

Wow, a great list of features, isn't it? I would say that the one that I enjoy the most would be G-mail. I also like using google maps (which is also like google earth). One thing that is missing on the list that I think you may want to include would be google adsense.

Well, I actually love almost all of the services provided by Google but if given a choice...in what exactly I want to choose and rate as the best..then it will be GMAIL! The reason I've chosen GMAIL is that it gives me almost 3 features in one service :1. the email :lol:2. searching the web3. web clips..so i get to see the news from there itself!Now, because it combines all these three things in it..it becomes the best of the lot!And this is for topic starter..If you want to add GOOGLE ADSENCE in this list..then just use the report button and MODS will make the change!

Well I don't have only one favourite google feature. I would have voted 3 times if I were allowed, but since I am not I will post them here.1. GMail (Maybe -and that's a big maybe- not the best one, but it is great) - I prefer Yahoo since I use it for over 6 years and all my friends have my Yahoo ID.2. Google Earth - is in my opinion THE BEST feature that google has! The maps should be updated more often and have a better resolution for the place that are not so important (like my country :lol: ) 3. Search Engine - The best search engine from the world wide web! I used Yahoo at the beginning, but since I moved to FireFox and Opera I only use Google (If you ask me I can't find any big diferences between Google's search engine and Yahoo ones)

Edited by adriantc (see edit history)

I was shocked to see that 80% voted for Gmail. I too.The reason is Google search has been totally commercialized. Add your site in MSN suggest and Google, just see how many days it takes google to show url:http://ww38.yoursite.com/
MSn shows it in 7 days. Their search has been much better from past. So its time for a shift.However, Gmail is in leap and bound better than any other free mail services. and an increase of 4 bytes per second to your mailbox or 42.2 KB per day, equivalent to 4 regular mails from your friends. Excellent Idea. Their Bulkmail is much robust. Filters almost all 'via*ra mails' :lol:Yahoo fails to filter mails with gif images (spammers have changed their strategy).Hope Gmail doesn't become commercialized as AOL.

I would have to say that Google search is my favorite Google feature. First off, it is the backbone of Google. Without Google Seach the rest of Google's great services would have never been created. Google Search is also a great way to find the information on the internet that you need. Without Google Search you would have to search through pages on other seach engines to find the information you are looking for. All the other features are great but can not compare.

Basically their main thing is the search feature, so I would choose that, the gmail part is pretty good, but there's where I mostly research, but sometimes I use Yahoo, because its my homepage since I use their internet, so sometimes I think I get better quality... lol if that made sense. :lol:

I use GMail more than I use the search feature from Google, so I voted for that. Also, if you compare their services to similar ones, GMail is much better than email services from others, but they are catching up on the search functionality. Also, Tahoma search often provides more accurate and useful results.

I like all the features of the Google.But some of them have high preference than other.My most preferred services or features of Google are,GMail - My EMail provider for the past 2 YearsSearch - I begin my search for anything hereBlogspot - Enables me to keep my online activity up to date

I use Gmail on a day to day basis, but Google Talk (the desktop client with VoIP capabilities) is 20 times cooler. It's also much sleeker than most other IM clients (and even installs on a non-admin user).

I like to Google. Many email providers boast of Pop and SMTP but GMail was the first non paid free and nicely working mail server for me.Google search is the first webpage I got to see when I joined the internet community. Then Froogle is good too, though it annoys sometimes showing eBay auctions at times. I hate eBay auctions they are just virtual. The good feature Froogle has is the ability to rate and review customers. It?s easy to buy if the rating is good even if the store is small and you don?t know about it.I like to see the roof of my two houses and glide on the planet. It?s amazing. I like all features of Google. They are the smart people.They are taking us back to the concepts of Network computers. You own system may not work; your office system may not work. But yes you can always Google to check your mails and important information in it.Now I am waiting for the GDrive and Google office once they are out it will be great. Every thing of yours will be secure on the best servers available to your through out the world. So you can move around to Europe, Asia, America all your stuff will be available to you.Salutes!! To the Google team.

I love them all.. and they keep getting tied closer together ^^!I can find anything with the Google Search.. it's amazing. And you can search your web from lovely Gmail. Then while in Gmail, you can launch up a GoogleTalk window, and chat with your friends.. and have all the convs recorded in Gmail. It's great to be able to search your old conversations.. I use that feature a lot ^^

Coming from someone who didn't even know that they had more than one or two of those services... I'll have to say that the search is definently the best of their many services. It searches through mostly everything where Yahoo search doesn't and both Yahoo and AOL searches give you only AOL or Yahoo sponser sites. It's also a heck of a lot faster than the rest of the search engines and it lets the little people, (me and my buddies) have their sites advertised to get more hits. I also use the Google translation service but the search is still the one that keeps me coming back again. I'm done.

Well, Google is my main search engine (as for most people here). But...sometimes, just sometimes I use Yahoo! if I can't find the information I want to find in Google (which is barely). Google, in my opinion, is one of the best search engines ever created. The Google creaters to me, are just geniouses. Well, I sometimes use Google for mail services. But, I have a question. How did Google get a whole picture of the whole earth?!?!? Confusing!

My answer is Gmail, Gmail i think revolutionized the whole email industry, customer was king now and was no longer at the mercy of email providers who provided about 2 mb of space. Talk : Unfortunately as i use WindowsMe i havent been able to use google talk.Google Earth : My brother introduced me to this service, he was in Bangalore when he sent me an email with a satellite pic of our school, that made my day. I showed it to all my friends and teachers and they too thought it was cool.Search : Although fast, i dont like google search, i just dont think much of their pageranking system.Mobile :: I use the WML version and its good, better than other WAP search engines.News is an awesome thing, made by Krishna Bharat, i use it very often to view the latest happenings.Video : The last time i checked google video, it didnt work in India.