xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Which Sig Looks Better? trying to figure out what color text would go better

Which one looks better to booth look but which is the better and what color would look best for the text to?

Posted Image

Posted Image

At first, I quickly thought the second one was better because the colours were deeper, but then I looked again, and I realized that it looks more real in the first one. The first one would look way better if the words weren't there as too 'out' there. The font colour just kills it... how about trying something similar to the whole sig.. like light yellow; just nothing that stands out too much from the two streetfighters. But good job, looks very nice!

I like the second one better, the first one looks too 'washed out' for my liking. As for the text, what giving it an embossed look and putting it in the non textured areas of the wall behind them? I also think the renders look a little off-center, it looks to me that they need to go a little to the left.Nice work, as usual mate. :lol:

i think both sigs are good in their own way , which one to choose depends on the mood you want to convey , the first one will be somewhat soothing and peaceful to the viewer while the second one is very vibrant and energetic , as for the font i think the contrast of blue you used does not go with the rest of the sig , it may look good if you use a lighter shade or an analogous color to brown for the font , but anyway nice piece of work :lol:

At first, I quickly thought the second one was better because the colours were deeper, but then I looked again, and I realized that it looks more real in the first one. The first one would look way better if the words weren't there as too 'out' there. The font colour just kills it... how about trying something similar to the whole sig.. like light yellow; just nothing that stands out too much from the two streetfighters. But good job, looks very nice!

I had the same thought. I first got drawn to the second one but when I looked closer the first one seemed more 'matching' and the cold colours go well. The second bright warm colours do not compliment the backgound that well. It looks seperated.

...so i like the first one better.(nice stuff s_m)

I was gonna go with the second one at first, but I also like the look of the first one better. The text doesn't fit at all though...maybe try the embossed from the background look. If it doesn't work, try something else. But definitely not that blue color, and that font is lame now.

well I did a combination of suggestions

centered the render

change the text color to a light yellow

move the text to the gaps

@johnny emboss never worked at all

so here it is

Sig Number 3-2 Final

Posted Image

When I said 'emboss', this is the sort of thing I had in mind. It's a 1 pixel white drop shadow on black text. The idea was to make it look like the text is 'embossed' into the wall. I think it works quite well. You might want to choose a cleaner font, but you get the idea. I'm not trying to rip off your sig, just using it to explain what I meant.

Posted Image

Edited by Avalon (see edit history)

how did you erase the text without erasing the background I don't recollect uploading the psd. Avalon is holding out on us :lol:ooh that emboss.

how did you erase the text without erasing the background I don't recollect uploading the psd. Avalon is holding out on us :lol:

Bah! Who needs a PSD? :P I did it with very careful use of the clone brush. It was quite easy because the text was on a plain background. I'm not in the habit of using other people's sigs, but it seemed the best way to explain what I meant.
So do you think that type of embossing works?

what if i did an overlay and do a indent on the background?oh i see how you did it you cloned the first sig that I post and just replaced over it now it makes sense.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

At first, I thought the second one looked better... but the pale look of the first one matches with the background better. Also, what's with the text, man?!

you talking about the first 2 or the 3rd or all three?thats the problem both look good with that background I should have just got rid of the text and called it a day.