xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iwuvcookies

Slaining In Nyc sad story and scary too.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

This is so scary. This happened in an area that I go drinking with my friends a lot. I heard about it yesterday and already felt scared that something like this still happens. Then I found out today that she was a student at my school :lol: What is the world coming to?!

St. Guillens friends left her around 3 a.m. Saturday at the Pioneer Bar in lower Manhattan where the women had been partying, police sources told the New York Post. She was found 17 hours later in a vacant lot in an isolated area on Fountain Avenue in Brooklyn.
Police are awaiting autopsy results, but it appears she was strangled to death and possibly sexually assaulted, police sources told the newspaper. Her hands were bound behind her back.

This just serves as a precaution, not just for New Yorkers, but for women everywhere that the world just still isn't safe for yall and us to be alone and vulnerable somewhere. My heart goes out to her family. Her mother was a widower, just like my mom, and I can't even imagine how heart-broken she is. Now I'll think twice about making jokes at my mom when she shows how worried she is about me when I go out late at night with friends. :P

you can't help but think about. what if your next or whatever?? But i don't think they would like to strangle guys.

Well New York and Boston and not the safest places to go by yourself especially at night its better to be in groups of 3 or more so you will have a better chance at staying safe.

Women tend to live in more fear than men, especially in large cities. We tend to get a bunch of locks and use them all. We try not to take out the trash after dark if we live in large cities. We carry pepper spray, and try to be alert when we're outside and keep it handy. We don't just walk in our houses and leave the door unlocked if we live alone. We don't go to ATMs at night alone if we can help it. We're always ready to scream or run if necessary. If we hear footsteps behind us, we get nervous. We lock the windows on the first floor when we go to sleep, even if it's hot inside. We think about taking self-defense courses or learning how to use a gun. Some of us do, I have a gun, and I'm fairly good with it. A dog is not only man's best friend, it's woman's best friend too. A barking dog will wake you up if somebody tries to break in. Even a small dog can discourage people trying to break in, since the noise might draw the neighbor's attention. When we're in bed, a strange noise can scare us if it sounds like it's in or near our house.Women living in large cities alone live in fear, unless they're incredibly naive. Men have no idea. Women are more usually victims than men, and we know it. Most women who are raped know their rapists. If you are male and live in a big city and don't believe me, ask some women you know about the things I've said here. You'll be enlightened. It's sad, and it makes me angry, but I have to be practical, so I'll keep on being careful.