xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Florisjuh

Dutch 14 Year Old Suicides

Two days ago, a 14 year old boy from the Netherlands decided to quit his life, due to a lot of problems in both e-life and real life. The boy called Maarten, made a farewell post on a forum of his RuneScape clan, telling everyone the reasons for robbing himself of life. The last bit of suffer came from a friend of his, who hacked his RuneScape account, afterwards Maarten felt he lost his last friend, and decided life wasn't worth living anymore...

I don't have the direct link to his farewell post, but this is a copy of it: https://cdn.techzine.nl/
Article in dutch: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It sort of sounds weird that one of the reasons he suicided was a friend hacked his Runescape account. Its sad for the kid to suicide over a hacked account..i coudln't find anything on Google but of course google doesn't work that fast.

Oh mY god, thats sad ! Maybe the siruation with the runescape friend wasn't the reason for suicide but maybe that was just too much for him at that point... But it's so sad, cause people who read this kind of farwell letters on the internet don't know if it's a joke or not. Besides it's hard to stop someone behind a computer! I can't believe people can be so unhappy that they actually can robe themselves from their lives? I just get mad to the people who don't see it coming. But then again, a girl nextdoor killed herself to. But you couldnt see she was unhappy cause she was always smiling. So sometime it is hard to see things like this coming, and sometimes you can do nothing about it I guess..

OHHHHH my holy goddness!!! That's shocking!!!!.... i m astounted..... i read the last will, and its the sadest thing in the world!!!..... that happend if you can't split the real life and e-life..... also parents must be more interested and watch more closely tto their children..... we must accept it, internet can be rude and offensive, also can hurt people..... (disavantages...)... :lol:

Wow that's so sad. It's kinda like that guy who left posted on myspace just before he died.

oooo that really happen to u????....... :P this is getting weird....crazy world.....

He should never have done it. It really sad to see such a young person go. Life sucks for all of us sometimes, but that doesn't mean that he should take his own life just because things are going bad. Like the poster said, runescape is just a game, it doesn't have to effect your life unless you let it. I use to play runescape because I got bored of it. But now to think that someone died over it, its just very said. I feel bad for his parents and hopefully they'll pull through

He didn't say he was committing suicide because of runescape. He said he had a lot of problems at school, home, etc. Apparently, he didn't do it before because he had a supportive friend who would be upset if he killed himself. It wasn't the game, it was the fact that his best friend betrayed him that made him feel like they were no longer friends. Some kids kill themselves out of teenage angst which pretty much everyone goes through. That's a waste. Some kids kill themselves because of abusive home lives, whether it's physical, sexual, or emotional. If the kid has undiagnosed medical depression, it's just made worse by a bad home life or bullying at school. It does take some determination to decide to hang yourself and go through with it. Apparently, the kid had something serious going on in his life. It's a much more sensational story to just say the kid killed himself over a game. Try to resist the urge to just sensationalize his death for gossip. Have a heart.

Well I think, that it is a good sql for everbody to realize that life is a lot more pecious than we think it is...just the sole fact that we are able to write here on this forum, have food to eat and water to drink gives us no right to be unhappy and especially about such things as a computer game or love-life,...We always make decisions and in every moment we can decide to be happy or unhappy...it is up to us how we intercept problems from outside...We are those who judge whether we'll be happy or unhappy at this present moment...greetz

(if the story is true) This is really sad :lol: ... 14 year old boy suicides over a hacked Runescape among other family, friends problems. He should have gone to a doctor or at least someone should have taken him to one. Some counceling could have saved this boy life...Yes it is sad, but there are a lot of suicides everyday all over the world. There are even worse things the suicides... and I can give you a lot of examples. Society should do it's best (which is far from what it does today) to find those (like this boy) who really need our help.

it is sad that all of these young kids want to end their life because of one issue, or because they feel life is unfair for them, or because they feel responsable for somthing that they had nothing to do...i just wish they would seek help from friends etc..before doing somthing like this *sigh*

True or not, people need to stop having their life revolve around the net. Friesnt on the net dont even really matter, and no one should kill themseles over people on the net. Nor should people kill themselves over ANYTHING on the net, its not worth it. I hate suicide, and its so sad to see people kill themselves over things that truley do NOT matter. Being a teenager is hard, and it does MOSTLY get better, and people shouldnt end their life because they are feeling depressed, most of the time its just your hormones changing during puberty... and i can see how people do get wrapped up about the net, or anything else basically as small, but people need to stop thinking with their feelings, and think rationally.

IF your life is not so worth living and your feeling depressed already down, and all that is good in your life is your RunEscape Account, and then your probably last friend goes and hacks it, destroys it, what are you left with, no runescape account or a friend, and before someone gets to help you, your gone.So the next time you go thinking about doing something to someone that may upset them, or do something to something close to them, you will stop and have to think, what am i doing?, will i have to live with something worse for the rest of my life?R.I.P Mate!

Oh my buddha,14 Year old sucide How come ?Depress from e-life.How that boy , Is that boy mentally ill ?How he sucide?So sad storyYep ,for me ,I just 17 and I'm try to sucide one time but it's unsuccessfully.I don't wanna sucide in my life again