xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fsoftball

Gimp Tutorial I need to learn how to use GIMP

Hi everyone,I need to find a really good tutorial on GIMP. I do not know much about editing image files. I feel totally overwhelmed by GIMP (and I think I am pretty computer savvy). I am even lucky I can open a file with this thing! So, if anyone can point me to a good tutorial that will teach me how to manipulate my images I would be extremely grateful.Thanks,Jim

I find gimp to be as good as photoshop, the only difference, which probably makes it hard to use is the interface. Sort of like linux, ugly interface and kind of hard for the new people to adapt to. By the way, Pixel2life is a really goodsite for Gimp tutorials. Good Luck!

I've searched our forum *nudge nudge, wink wink* and found this link https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/ from the post that was made here http://forums.xisto.com/topic/13870-gimp-tutorial/ :lol:

I'm also thinking if you have specific idea what to do with or create an image, you can request for tutorial and perhaps one of our GFX Crew can show you a basic step by step tutorial. Then, you can use that and apply it to other things.

Although not excactly up-to-date, I think you might find this interesting. Also, there is a GUG (Gimp Users Group), I would strongly recommend you sign up for the mailing list. It's not hyper active, but there are a bunch of interesting mails that come in every now and then. Specific tutorials/problem-solver-articles can be found using Google.

Good Luck and keep us posted on the progress with the GIMP :lol:

@fsoftball: While I'd love to try and help; I can't seem to get the picture you want us to look at using the link you provided. It seems to redirect me to the website of a hosting company. Never mind that, I'd suggest you try to upload the picture to imageshack/photobucket/xs and give us that link. Does not sound too difficult, but tough until proven easy... :lol: Okay, I'm not making sense any more. I'll wait for the image...