xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xavierrd

Xps Anyone? Need advice on those Dell toys

I have seen their specs, and they seem to be really good, but I was wondering, are they good for working too??? I would like to buy one of those, but I would run also stuff like AutoCad, Adobe and Macromedia stuff, and don't wanna find that there's a catch. :lol: Just by the specs, they seem to be able to launch anything!!! of course, their cost is almos the double a regular lap would be. What do you think???

I really think that you shouldn't get an xps. Dell does have good customer service and all, but you won't get the most bang for the buck. If you got the money to spend, spend it on brands such as sony or alienware laptops. From my limited personal experince, I think that sony and alienware makes the best computer. However, sony's customer support isn't the greatest and if there is something wrong with your computer, it takes them a while for sony to fix it

I really think that you shouldn't get an xps. Dell does have good customer service and all, but you won't get the most bang for the buck. If you got the money to spend, spend it on brands such as sony or alienware laptops. From my limited personal experince, I think that sony and alienware makes the best computer. However, sony's customer support isn't the greatest and if there is something wrong with your computer, it takes them a while for sony to fix it

I have had a great experience with my Dell M170. Great computer for work and play, great service, but Alienware could be better gamingwise

Dell XPS only gets my vote because they have 7800gtx mobile in their 'laptops'I say 'laptops' because these things are the weight fo two full gallon jugs, are about the size of a home theater system DVD carosell+amp and het up like one too. Not good for portability or any (ANY) battery life.The desktop XPS does not get any respect from me. For what they expect priceise, you could build your own system mirroring their's minus the flat panel bonus.I say only go Dell if you want the LCDs. 1905 and 2004 are kick **bottom** for their performance vs. price.

i wouldn't get a XPS....gaming laptops are a waste of money. either they are worse than a PC's specs and pretty much won't get you anywhere...or else battery life is cut in half. I don't want a kickass laptop that only stays on for 30 minutes. i wish there was a cheaper laptop for a couple hundred dolalrs that atleast had a 80gig harddrive and decent processor. only use it for programming and work and such.

i thik they are good man, i have two computers at home, a compaq and a dell, althought i preffer compaq, dell has all the support you will ever need.If you would like to run some games or very heavy apps, i think that beauty of yours will do it.And taking about games, i had always the idea that AlienWare was the best, but i havent used it so far...

Well, thanks a lot for your opinions, now I'm sure I'll get a Dell, I only will have to decide among an XPS and a Precision. The thing is, I love games but I'm more interested on working, now I'll change the point of view.JeThanks again.

kevlar557I have worked with those, and they are really cool. Thanks for remind me about them, I'm still on time. The thing is that here they are not really common, but you are right, they are good.