xisto Community
Shengeta

I Just Started And I Already Have Suggestions

Here are a few suggestions I have:--Have a script so someone can automatically transfer their Xisto/Xisto databases, files, etc. to their Xisto - Web Hosting account.--Let everyone here know more that Xisto is a registrar for domain names as well, I signed up at yahoo, then afterwords I found out Xisto - Web Hosting does it. Even though yahoo's names are cheaper right now, since I'm already using the services of Xisto, I would of rather registered domains from Xisto.--Accept payments straight from Debit/Credit cards as well as from Paypal and that other one.--Expand the Xisto - Web Hosting section a little, I wanted help, that isn't technical support or pre-purchase, and I don't where to go.***************Edit by Dooga: Fixed spelling mistake

Edited by Dooga (see edit history)

Here are a few suggestions I have:
--Have a script so someone can automatically transfer their Xisto/Xisto databases, files, etc. to their Xisto - Web Hosting account.

That will be great. I have seen other members asking the same question as well. But transferring files and folders and also the databases isn't such a difficult task. If they have to do all those, it will be somewhat hard, or else charge some amount for it. Free of cost may be somewhat difficult.

--Let everyone here know more that Xisto is a registrar for domain names as well, I signed up at yahoo, then afterwords I found out Xisto - Web Hosting does it. Even though yahoo's names are cheaper right now, since I'm already using the services of Xisto, I would of rather registered domains from Xisto.

Yes, Yahoo's is cheap but it hardly makes no much difference in about a dollar or two. Having the same service from one will help reduce interaction time with the domain registrar and host.

--Expand the Xisto - Web Hosting section a little, I wanted help, that isn't technical support or pre-purchase, and I don't where to go.

If you click Xisto - Web Hosting section of this forum, everyone is posting whatever related to Xisto - Web Hosting and admins and mods are kind enough to respond quickly. But most of the non-technical or pre-purchase issues also need one to register to make post and I think it will be good if it comes under Xisto - Web Hosting forum. Or otherwise, separate the Xisto - Web Hosting forum completely from Xisto forums.

--Have a script so someone can automatically transfer their Xisto/Xisto databases, files, etc. to their Xisto - Web Hosting account.

This is a risky process and failures can involve DNS curroption which takes a lot of time to fix. And then takes additional time for propagation on internet.
Problems occur basically when we try to setup an account which has already been setup on another server. We can however put in links on Xisto to do a easy shift, but the process will be manual.

--Let everyone here know more that Xisto is a registrar for domain names as well, I signed up at yahoo, then afterwords I found out Xisto - Web Hosting does it. Even though yahoo's names are cheaper right now, since I'm already using the services of Xisto, I would of rather registered domains from Xisto.

We have links on our main page which mention it. However, Where do you intend us to tell it further ? ads, forums etc. Please give more details about this point. :-)

--Except payments straight from Debit/Credit cards as well as from Paypal and that other one.

We have introduced 2Checkout.com payment gateway to handle payments from debit cards and credit cards which paypal might not support. It also helps us process payments from countries which paypal does not support.As for charging the customers credit card directly will be implemented later when we have a bigger reputation and a good percentage of market share. :-)

--Expand the Xisto - Web Hosting section a little, I wanted help, that isn't technical support or pre-purchase, and I don't where to go.

Give us suggestions regarding the other forums which you want us to have under Xisto - Web Hosting category. We will definately give it a thought ;-)
Thanks..

We have introduced 2Checkout.com payment gateway to handle payments from debit cards and credit cards which paypal might not support. It also helps us process payments from countries which paypal does not support.

(Pretending to know what 2Checkout.com Service is like)That was a brilliant move, Opaque! 2Checkout.com is one of the best service ever.

Well anyway, if it can support payments from countries Paypal can't it's a good service. But then again, that would be saying that 80% of services are good. Paypal isn't very good anyway. But from what I've heard of 2checkout.com it's a brillaint service, and I don't think you'd choose a bad service anyway... that's not you at all...

As for charging the customers credit card directly will be implemented later when we have a bigger reputation and a good percentage of market share. :-)

Somehow OpaQue, I think that this will happen much sooner than you think.

While I'm here, I thought I'd just point out the correct spelling of "curroption" is corruption.
Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

Sorry for the spelling mistake. :-) It just happens :unsure:We will make a guide page for shifting to Xisto - Web Hosting. What do you think?