xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Horranus

Galactic Civilizations 2 A very exceptional game

Galactic Civilizations II

This is, in my opinion, one of the best strategy games yet. It allows you to have controll of one of 10 premade races, or create an entirely new one. You are that civilizations leader. You choose the government, design the ships, manage the economy, etc. You can win in one of three ways:

1. Military conquest. For this victory, you must totally anniliate(sp?) your rival civilizations.

2. Economic conquest. For this victory you must econmically dominate the galaxy

3. Alliance. For this victory, you must be allied with a majority of the major forces in the galaxy.

Some neat features are:

1. Non-linear campaign
2. You can design your own ship
3. You can colonize, invade, and orbitally bombard planets
4. Many random events
5. Great AI
6. A VERY large tech tree
7. "Galaxy Wonders" - like wonders in Empire Earth, these give advantages to the owner
8. Approximately 50 different buildings
9. The ability to build starports
10. The ability to stack ships and create a fleet
11. It is still playable with a Pentium 3 / 256 RAM system!

(I am not sure if this post goes in this forum, if it belongs somewhere else, please move it, as i did not think i should put this in Rts, because this is turn-based not real-time)
Edited by Horranus (see edit history)

Im just playing this game now. It's ql. You have quality of planets from 0 - 40 (I think) If your playnet has quality 1, you can build only one building. It's like Civilization and Master of Orion.