xisto Community
Kubi

School Work Sig made in class.

We're working with Photoshop in class, and ofcourse I'm ahead. Here's something I whipped up for fun. I didn't have any resources besides some brush packs I downloaded :lol:. And I can't even put them in the presets folder!

Posted Image

Comments?

I like the effect on the text. The text is too light for the background and I 'hate' crooked text, but that's me...Darken the border and thin it out a bit.My monitor is only 256 colours so it appears a bit grainy, but most of that is at my end I'm sure.Good job overall, 8.5

We're working with Photoshop in class, and of course I'm ahead.

Heh, that's good to hear. You could teach some of the others what you know.

And I can't even put them in the presets folder!

Here's what i did when i was limited in web design. You have 2 options. Usually, you're only limited to drive C:. But, you should be able to have your stuff in the "My Documents" folder. And, you'll have to load up the brushes from there. If, the computer has a seperate drive, like drive D:. Make a copy of the Photoshop folder, and paste it in there. And make a shortcut to that Photoshop, now you should be able to put them in the presets folder for the Photoshop in drive D:, or whatever drive. Unless, they got smart. :lol:

Comments?

Nice brushing. Just, the text, the red that animates in it, in my opinion doesn't go well with the background's color. I think the text would be better if it wasn't tilted. And, remove " - - ", let the centering of the text handle that.

Well I put the brushes in my "student file". Which is a file that has all my files from my computer classes. And I can upload them from there.It was just something quick for the teacher, since she wanted to see what we could do.

Not bad Kubster, but IMO, if you're without good brushes or renders, go for simplistic. It comes out much better.Unless of course you're good with the "defaults" style...some of the people on NOS could produce some really sweet defaults stuff.And I've never really been able to impress a non-graphics person with grunge...they always seem much more interested in what I can do with tech or vector or whatever.

yeah I agree with johnny about default i seen some good ones with defaults especailly when filter stuff comes into play then its get even better. I continplated about doing a few defaults maybe I will include that into my collect might have to look into a few tutorials and then filter out the bad combos.But with this sig in hand the animation doesn't go with the background I would have just stuck with blending it in with the brushes you have.