xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tvale

30gb Broadband

i think the word is that, only in Japan they have 30 gb broadband and they have facilities for wireless broadband internet access even at stations and many other placesi m not sure coz i have never known anyone from japan, but i think its true coz i had seen an article on it on a tv channel

They probably do have it in development but don't have any public services that use it. The only use right now that I can think of for so much bandwidth would probably be massive datacenters. I'm assuming it costs a fortune to lay lines and would be much more expensive than even the current high end connections. The typical user would have no use for most of it would end up being a waste of money if anyone could afford it.

I agree with arigato.Its possible but whats use of it i you can comunicate only in small area.And btw what vould be cost developing that kind of network and also servers vould be high-end priced.In the end whats point in all that when web is restricted by certain broadband :lol:

Edited by Oleyum (see edit history)

this is all wrong. broadband is almost 30 gigs in america. BROADBAND. the definition here is that broadband is BROAD because it serves many people. most of you using broadband are sharing a BIG connection...with a dozen or 2 other houses. they limit each house to a certain ammount/fraction. ever wonder why broadband TOS's have a restriction on hosting servers at home? It's because you'd be hogging the fat line (broadband) all to yourself.

Could check with guinessworld records to see what the fastest internet transfer there is.

838.86 gigabytes of data over a distance of 16,343 km (10,155 miles) in 1,588 seconds. The resulting record value of 69,073 terabit metres-per-second

Im kinda guessing that, that indeed is faster than 30gb connection? lol

Why not? As soon as gigabit LAN is formed, gigabit internet service can come true. But that probably would take some time later for such service to exist. Currently the maximum broadband speed that I heard of is 25Mbps. Any faster elsewhere does anyone knows?

It could be just used by companies and not the public, like Arigato said. Or it could be what amhso said about the 30gigs being shared and not dedicated to each person. Although I wouldn't be surprised if research centres with loads of supercomputers needed a 30gig line to pass information around. I think one of the worlds powerful supercomputers is in Japan, simulating Earth's climate or something along those lines. All that information being produced and recorded must need a nice fat line to pass through, although I guess 30gigs is a bit excessive.

Why not? As soon as gigabit LAN is formed, gigabit internet service can come true. But that probably would take some time later for such service to exist. Currently the maximum broadband speed that I heard of is 25Mbps. Any faster elsewhere does anyone knows?

I think in places such as Hong Kong, you can get 80Mbps.

well it depends what they are doing, i mean maybe those 30 gb are from a mail server or from some site..the curious thing is that i think it might be true, they have the latest techonlogy and maybe they just wanna make sure they are the best

I know u can get 100mps in HK right now, but 30gb in Japan?? hmm well i would say yes but only for big industrial sized companies. They have a few gbps in England but that costs alot (hense only big companies can afford it.)Another issue would be that your computer wouldnt be able to handle 3 gb/s download rates, the harddrive would break very quickly. Also you would probably never find someone with that speed to download files off beit legit or non legit. And even if your using it to download illegal content because of it speed, it would end up costing more than buying the individual products.

It could be shared over a network?My university has a large amount of bandwidth, but its shared.but seriosuly, what would be the point for a single home user lol

yea i doubt just anyone can get 30gb broadband. Maybe like some special people. I douvt anyone has that kind of money to even affofrd that. Possibly it could be for big buissness companies down there or something.

LOL 80Mbps :lol: that 10 000 KB/Sec ;) 3 songs at one in a Danm seconde (with enoough source) But how much does this kinda thing cost ?.... But theres an Issue Website, Web Host POdcster and Etc... dont wnat those Big 80Mpbs sufing around that kind off connection is killing bandwisth :| because since u have a Fat Puip Internet connection we surf more serach more and Download More .... so i think this is just Crazy right now 30GB cant belive it :P

the word is that in places like japan, they have got 30gb broadband, what do you think true or false

Are you talking about the broadband for private or for school, company, etc?

I know they have fiber optic sevice for private houses.

its 100M upload/download and its only $30 - $50 a month.