xisto Community
LolliPop

Last Book You Read?

I just finished 'Atonement' by Ian McEwan - AMAZING NOVEL!! Everyone should definitely read it. The story follows a British family through WWII. One ordinary day at the country estate of the Tallises turns into the expedition of a man through France during the war followed by a daughter serving time in an army hospital. This was on my summer reading list, so I was a little apprehensive about it at first, but it was excellent.

I just finished reading The Two Towers again. Odd how Lord of the Rings never gets old B) Of course I'm still looking for elfy inspiration for that fic I'm working on, so I try to keep LOTR fresh in my mind. Now if I could just find time to actually work on the fic. hum.

last books (ebooks actually) i read were all by dan brown (angels & demons, deception point, the davinci code, digital fortress). B) currently reading Bill Clinton's "My Life". B)

I think it would probably be Firewing.I love the books by Kenneth Oppel.It is one of those books that you can't put down until your done reading it to me B) I love that book^^

Hello! It?s my first time in a forum. I don?t know how work it yet. Anyway, the last book that I read was "Coaching Evoking Excellence in Others", it is about how you can help others his personal improvement. I hope somebody is interested in it...

I just finished reading The Two Towers again. Odd how Lord of the Rings never gets old  ;)  Of course I'm still looking for elfy inspiration for that fic I'm working on, so I try to keep LOTR fresh in my mind. Now if I could just find time to actually work on the fic. hum.

Really what's the fic about?

lib2day I got the Clinton book to, but I let my aunt borrow it since I was reading the Avalon one. Now I reading Aphrodite's Blessing by Clemence McLaren. It's about Love Stories from Greek Myths

If you like King Arthur and such, check out Uther by Jack Whyte, or any of his books for that matter. Just finished Uther and it was great, adds a lot to the very basic version of the legend that most people know of. Another great author that mixes 'history' (or at least the legends and such of those times) and fantasy is Guy Gavriel Kay. Not only do they make for great books but you learn something real about those times.

I just finished reading "The Anthem" by Ayn Rand.(course its only about 100 pages, so it dosen't take but a couple hours.) I hate myself for not reading it before ;) But I did, and I loved it, I'll definately be re-reading it soon.

I just finished reading one of the best books I ever have, topping Lord of the rings and Harry pot... well, that ones a bit *BLEEP*....Philip Pullman - His Dark Materials, The Golden Compass.The Golden compass is the 1st of 3rd parts in the darkmaterials, 2nd being The Subtle Knife, and the last being The Amber Spyglass.I've only read the first part, and started the second, but I can tell, they are by far going to be awesome. I highly advise anyone to read these books. you'll love them, without a doubt.

right now im being forced to read Northern Lights - Philip Pullman. I dont really see what's so good about it yet. i just hope it gets better because i bought the whole trilogy :lol:

btw, i think u mean the Northern Lights is the first in the trilogy, it even says it on the back 'first book in the His Dark Materials trilogy'...