xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
GENERAL

Comics Converted To Movies Which comic book hero did you not see in the silver screen that you wo

Wow, last topic i did was video games into movies now this. i liked spiderman and all, but i really wanna see the scarlet spidey on the screens. i like him, being cloned and all. the avengers, i wanna see them. they have captain america in the new animated pg-13 film, but it on dvd and its ANIMATED! need to see actors, speilberg, not voice actors!

There is actually already a non-animated Captain America movie out (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103923/), it was pretty bad :lol:. There's another coming out in 09, which there are practically no details for yet.I'd like to see Hawk man, X-Factor, or Deadpool hit the screen, but they weren't mainstream hero's, so I can't see that happening anytime soon :/.

..Can I say White Ninja? A movie based around White Ninja would be amazing. Even though he's not really from a comic book so much as a web comic.. and he's not quite a hero or anything. He's still awesome.

haha I guess...maybe for me, Doraemon?Or Konan (the detective)....this comic is japanese and I have read it in my country since I was 14. (7-8 years ago). I just saw the English version of it in bookshops in UK recently. I think it'll be really cool if Konan is converted into movie. People will enjoy it. :lol: This topic somehow reminds me of whether 'Cats' (musical) should be converted into cartoon or movie!Of course, I don't think it should coz there is really no story in Cats. And the selling points are in fact the songs, the dances, and the performances. I think making it into cartoon won't make it interesting. And will lose the whole point of people's performance. I like the DVD of the show though.

fantastic 4 sucked, so have xmen (am I the only person who thinks this?). The only ones I have liked are spidermand and constantine (although I really havent read or seen the comic book). Oh and sin city was good also. Spawn was almost ok.What I would like to see converted into a movie would definitely be... I dont know, maybe they should stop making a bunch of comic book movies and make a good movie, just stop flooding the movie theaters with a bunch of crap. Taking it slow but keeping in mind the quality of their movies.

Well FLaKes I agree with you that F4 blows but xmen is awesome especially when the 3rd movie comes out it should top them all.Again the problem with comic movies and video game movies is that it requires alot of action with great dialouge but problem is the dialouge and action is weak (fantatic 4 showed that) yeah by today standard the old comic book movies from the 70-80 suck as well but back then they were top of the line in terms of action and somewhat storyline.I think someone was smart to kill the Live action DBZ movies cuz thats pretty much all special effects and if we all remember our anime dbz drag out to long so a 3 hour movie of sub par fighting is going to be junk unless you matrix it with many special effects.

yeah almost all of the comics that have been made into comics have been good. the only except is Hulk that i have seen so far however i have not watch Fantastic Four and i have not heard good things about it. I believe the reason for this is that there are soooo many comics out per title that the story writer has such a plethora to choose from as a story line and these comics have sold well enough that there is a large enough fan base for the movies. I cant wait for X3 to come out.

I think they trnaslated spiderman onto the silverscreen better than anyone else could have done.& a white ninja cartoon would better than a movie. The special effects and cgi graphics would wreck it.

I would really like to see Ironman in a movie. Haven't heard from him in a while. I guess he seems retro now, but he was cool in the 90's. I like his suit. He really doesn't need it, huh, but if he didnt have it he'd not be Ironman. I would also like to see XMEN 3, I heard it was going to be a good movie. I don't really read comics, I just know who the people are, so I could have a say in this topic. Well, I wouldn't really like to see anyone else, just Ironman. Ironman is a great superhero, but I forgot what powers he has. I guess he can fly and he has super strength. Havent seen a walking superhero that haas weak muscles, right?

Of course if you have notice a lot of the comic to movie conversions have been from B-Rated comics excluding spider-man and the x-men, of course the guy who directored daredevil and Ghost Rider has butchered the comic to moive conversations pretty badly, from what movie reviewers I have been reading.