xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
itssami

Spider Visitors To Website

i want to get some information about Spider visits on the website (usually search engines spiders).Is it a bad sign if they visit ? and why people dont want them to visit their website ? what problems they can cause ? thanks

If you mean search engine spiders there really isn't anything wrong with them. They help put your rank up on search engines like when you get a google spider it is searching through your pages and gives you a higher rank on google. They come from other sites you are linked too so the more sites you are affiliated with, the higher ranked you become on search engine lists. I don't think there is a problem but I don't know about any other spiders than some people who try and hack into sites maybe.

I think I know why are you confused. There are thos spiders of search engines that cros your site looking forn information to index it, and they are good, at least if you want your site to be more popular, which is the most common. But there are other spiders or bots (i?m not sure about the difference between those two terms, if is there any) that also scan sites searching for personal information that someone can use in a bad way. For example looking for e-mail adresses to add them to spam lists.