xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Query About Maximum Number Of Free Hosting Accounts

I think you can only have one Xisto.com account and one Xisto.net account. Unless you have a second forum name over at Xisto I am not sure if you can get a third by applying for one there.

Astahost allows the same size of Hosting Accounts as here at the Trap. You can have one here or one there, but not both. As Pleno points out, the only way to have two hosting accounts at the trap is to have one dot com account and one dot net account. Any additional accounts you have will be terminated when Admin finds them. And the same thing with member accounts. Not so long ago, a member was found to have two user-names, so the newest one got deleted and they then lost their credits which they had built up. This is a free-hosting serrvice and I, for one, am thankfu to have it. I wouldn't think of abusing the privilege of having this account for the sake of a couple extra megs of storage or bandwidth.

I would like to correct some doubts over here!
I am hosted at Xisto and then few months back I started to look for another hosting and thought that it's foolish to look for it..when I know that I have a host sitting in my head for long..so I started posting at Xisto...and made 30 credits and applied for the hosting and I was approved hosting by OpaQue...So, It is possible to have hosting at both the places :lol:
To actually show you the whole story..I'll like to provide you the link of my hosting request at Xisto & I am sure you'll get the idea!
So, techincally speaking..you can have 3 hosting accounts under Xisto Corp.

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/88110-free-web-hosting-mayank-free-website-wwwcssdesignzinfo/

The official answer is.......... 3

Xisto.com

Xisto.net

Xisto.com

A word of caution: Do not abuse free accounts in Xisto.net. Make different username and cPanel name in Xisto than in Xisto. Now that you can have different display name (which is annoying when approving applications) you can have different forum login name and same display name. The reason, unless changed, is that the hosting script may see your same forum name (and your same cPanel name) as duplicates and delete one of the accounts (in Xisto or Xisto).