xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
benrain

Shaky Screen

Hello! Sometimes my screen will flicker a few inches to the left and right randomly and cannot figure out what the problem isPC SetupGeforce FX 5200 128MB (PCI)384 MB RAM1.8 GHZ AMD AthlonDesktop setup:1024X768 32 bit colorplease help me out <_<

Press on your menu system on your screen/moniter....and then find something that says dot delay fiddle around with that and it might do....It works for my computer so sorry if it doesn't work for you.......The dot delay icon thingy that comes up in the middle will look like a sort of squarish rectangle with a few links in it....If this is not what your asking for...then I have not a clue what your talking about...do you mean it moves the screen ?? like jumps to the side and then back ?

Maybe it is caused by a strong external magnetic/radio field? Sometimes when i turned on my celphone while close the monitor, the screen would flicker briefly. Big old monitors also can also discrupt other motitors when they are turned on.

Yeh I hate that when that happens....I turn my phone on and my computer makes a humming noise..... <_<

Hm, try this.Turn everything that is not nessacary to your computer off. Printers, Scanner, even your pets. One-By-One turn on things, and see if the monitor shakes. If it did not stop earlier, keep looking or forget about it.I had to do this at school because we have a pencil sharpener right by the monitor (of one of our crappy computers) and it shakes everytime you sharpen a pencil. We fixed it by moving it somewhere else. (I can see why that happens. <_< )

Hm, try this.
Turn everything that is not nessacary to your computer off. Printers, Scanner, even your pets. One-By-One turn on things, and see if the monitor shakes. If it did not stop earlier, keep looking or forget about it.

I had to do this at school because we have a pencil sharpener right by the monitor (of one of our crappy computers) and it shakes everytime you sharpen a pencil. We fixed it by moving it somewhere else. (I can see why that happens. <_< )

Was the pencil sharpener electric ???

We have one of those...My form room is a computer room and a DT room .......we have 2 teachers...And the weird young teacher has named our Electric Pencil Sharpener, Gizmo....she has no friends...so she is VERY protective about it.