xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CroSpartacus

My Car Being Towed Story

Well, I had a hell of a day today.This morning I was driving my car to school like any other day. Today was really cold outside, like below 20 degrees it felt like. And then I was looking for a parking spot by the school, but they were all taken except for this little section on the end of the curb. Right behind this little curb area was a sign that said "Tow Zone" with an arrow pointing the other way,to picture it(Car)(space)TOW ZONE ===>So since I was parking north by south, and the tow zone sign pointing east I thought that it would be ok to park there. But then I paused and said"maybe I should park somewhere else cause the other students never park here."Then my little sister says"no, this spot is fine, you wont get towed"then I decided unfortunately to park there saying"well if i get a ticket you're paying for it"Then after the normal routines in school, I came to the parking spot at the end of the day finding that my car was missing. I panicked, thinking it was stolen and not knowing what to do, I walked home. My mom saw me come in saying"what happened?""I can't find the car?!""did they tow it?""I don't know"Then my mom trying to be optimistic starting telling me"don't worry, call your dad"So I called my dad at work and to my surprise he was calm about it and told me that he would drive to the spot and find the number of the towing company that was supposed to be posted on a tow zone sign.So then my dad came home kind of pissed saying"the phone number isn't written on the sign!"Then he asked me for my cars license plate number, and I had no idea what it was nor did he because we didn't pay much attention to it. He was looking through all our insurance papers and the cars certificate and it never showed the license plate number. So then he told me to call our insurance company and ask them if they have our plate number recorded in their computers. So I call them up and they tell me they dont keep plate numbers in their records.My dad then exploded, we did not know where my car was towed, nor did we know my cars license plate number.So he decided to go to the insurance agency. Then we went on a huge hunt for the car first arriving to our insurance agency, we tell them the towing story and they tell us that they dont have our plate number in their records. They suggested we call the city police.So then we drove to my school and my dad told me to ask the security guards in the building if they knew where cars being towed in the school area went.So I went inside the building and everybody was gone. We went into the schools office and it was empty. Then this janitor came in saying"what do you guys need?"So we explained the towing story and why we came to the school and he said that everybody in the school left and there was nobody left in the building.Then the janitor asked another janitor if he might know where they tow the cars, and he nodded his head no.So we decided to go to the fire department that was next to our school to see if they knew anything.So we explain to them the towing story and asked if they know where towed cars go.They nodded and said"try calling the police department, they might know where towed vehicles go."And then as we left this guy told my dad"try calling 311, it's like 911, but it has information on what you want to find"So I called and told the lady our story and no license plate number, no towing place number.So I describe the car and she tells me there is one car that fits the description that had been relocated. So she gave me the address and we went to the street finding my car.There was a ticket on the car, and we took it home. I was happy to find my Hyundai Sonata .The ticket said I parked in a tow zone while the tow zone was behind where i parked, but it was only $50.I ask, why would the city take my car, tow it to an unknown place and put the ticket on it, with me not even knowing where the hell it can be!!!!

that is one experience, i m sure, that you won't forget easily!i m glad that u found your car finally!in my city, the cars are towed but a number is left where the car was parked and then we can trace the car with that numberhowever, funky thins happen over here, new no parking signs are put at midnight and the cars are towed and then you get to see all the hassle and chaos in the morning

I'm glad nothing like that has never happened to me. Lucky for me, there are plenty of parking spots at my school if you get there early enough. I don't thing we have any tow zones here, except for handicapped parking.

Wow that seems like a lot of trouble to go through just because your car got towed. I do not see why they towed your car in the first place. At my school if someone's car is in the wrong spot they say over the intercom to move it. If they don't move it then it is towed. I think that when people have cars towed they need to be responsible enough to know where it went. Sorry about your car and I am glad that you got it back.