xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
smartbei

Enemy Territory

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is a relaitvely old game (2001 I believe), but still has widespread following because it is free. It takes place (All the original maps and most of the custom ones) in Europe and northern Africa, during World War II. As such, the weapons, equipment, etc. are all from that era. Each map consists of an objective that one team - the attacking team - has to accomplish and that the defending team must prevent them from doing so. The six original maps have objectives such as stealing gold from a fortified bank, breacing a coastal fortress and blowing up its main gun and sneaking into a fortified desert oasis to blow up the two anti tank guns. My favorite map used to be (I don't play anymore) Oasis. I was a part of two different clans, the PhReaKz and Insane Asylum.Are there people here that play/used to play? Favorite maps?

I used to play ET alot, when I was using my old Athlon 1.2ghz with a GeForce2MX GFX card. (I got RCTW when I got the computer). I really only played it because it was free, and was one of the few games I could play on that computer (after having a long stint with CS and getting rather ticked off by it).I really liked the train map, I think it was Railgun? It was hilarious trying to get the trains to their destination - especailly when mines were next to the switches and people with panzers constantly shooting the carriages. I think it was also one of the few maps where the Nazi's got to go on the offensive.

I love Wolfenstein ET, one of the factors that led me to this game would be because its free and because it?s a World War based game. I first found this game when my friend recommended it to me. As usual, I found one billion ways to kill myself, from the landmine, to the pankerfaust, to the dynamite. Yeah, I killed myself with a dynamite. I wasn?t paying attention to the text on the bottom of the screen that said thirty second fuse. So like an idiot, I walked up to it and nothing happened, I backed up and still nothing happened, finally I crawled up to it and it exploded in my face. Graphics wise, it is pretty good unless you want realistic environments. I only wish the environment can change to various weapons. For example, some things can be blown up by dynamite, but if you shoot the rocket launcher at the wall, it won?t blow up, all that happens is that it will darken a little.