xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
beeseven

Girl Weds Dog In New Delhi

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

There's... not much else to say. It's because of a superstitious belief. The article implies that they will be able to divorce.

I'd usually discount it as an urban legend, but, you know, it's in India (no offense, just joking >_>).

(it just randomly started asking me to register- you can use a dodgeit.com email if you want)

There's... not much else to say. It's because of a superstitious belief. The article implies that they will be able to divorce.

Well, kinda weird if you ask me, but as you say, this is India. Can't say I'm entitled to emit an educated opinion on that subject, though.

Still, the question remains: did the girl's family give a dotage to the dog's family, as is mandatory in these parts for a marriage between humans?

Cheers, all :lol:

it is rightly said, "It happens only in India!!!!"seems like the family had nothing better to do.............i would like to hear the explanation given the the tantrik or who ever gave this suggestion...........when will the illiterate mob give up superstition?!(not only illiterate but also the educated poeple)

Actually this didnt happen in New Delhi. This even happened in Dhanbad in Bihar. And the people belong to Some some tribal groups.Now as many people get literated the Superstions have started to decrease in India moatly in cities among the younger generations.But still superstions exist in India among the Tribals and in the remote regions of India where literacy has less penetration.New Delhi is the Metropolitan Capital of India and these sort of things will never happen there.

Oh i know its the people's short mindedness They would never gulp the truth , but they would just go on with their blind beliefsBeing from new delhi itself, i agree to it that there are people who are still into old beliefsBut then you do find those who are broadminded And yes, i would say Perceptions are different

But these activities take place very often in india . Some even believe that if you go and conduct a marriage for 2 donkeys then in the forth comming year there will be good harvest , rains etc. So in a developing nation is there any way to put an end to this. The problem in these things are , these are practiced from the past ,from ancestors , so now if a 3rd party guy goes and tells them that these things are to be stopped , im sure that guy will be thrashed. So is there any meaning ful way to approach these people and tell them the reality ?

But these activities take place very often in india . Some even believe that if you go and conduct a marriage for 2 donkeys then in the forth comming year there will be good harvest , rains etc. So in a developing nation is there any way to put an end to this. The problem in these things are , these are practiced from the past ,from ancestors , so now if a 3rd party guy goes and tells them that these things are to be stopped , im sure that guy will be thrashed. So is there any meaning ful way to approach these people and tell them the reality ?

Well, it does happen. For isntance.

A flaming indication that India remains a land of enduring superstition, especially in rural areas where literacy is practically non-existent, here is a most unusual news item about a young girl who was forced to marry a dog in order to ward off evil spirits.

BTW the link given by the original poster is broken