xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
final_fantasy

What Is A Dns? How I Can Change It? can someone help me

Well Final Fantasy!
As far as the question "what is dns?" is concerned....I've found an excellent link for you.
It will explain you each and everything..which you want to know about DNS
Click Here

Here's some info from there....

The domain name system (DNS) is the way that Internet domain names are located and translated into IP (Internet Protocol) addresses. A domain name is a meaningful and easy-to-remember "handle" for an Internet address. Because maintaining a central list of domain name/IP address correspondences would be impractical, the lists of domain names and IP addresses are distributed throughout the Internet in a hierarchy of authority. ...

And if you want to change it..You can do it by logging into the control panel, which is provided by your domain name registrar!

dns stands for Domain Name System or Domain Name Server. Dns changes tose stupid ip numbers ( 127.0.0.1 local host ) to something like micro$hit.com, you can access that site via his IP and via DNS name.to find what is domain name of some site simply type ping http://forums.xisto.com/ in cmd ( start > run > cmd )you cant change DNS, i think you need to set name servers, like ns1.trap17.com and ns2.trap17.com to your domain name, if that is the problem. Then you need to wait some time, becouse its international, it needs some time to be setup ( 12-24hourse .. less or more sometime )

If you're trying to change your DNS you will need to login to whatever site you registered your domain name at and change it there. You should see an option somewhere to change your DNS or Nameservers.