xisto Community
midnitesun

Which Is Better For Gaming , Amd Or Intel ?

Well, I'm not a big gamer and I use AMD CPU's. Yes, Intel is faster at multimedia due to their MMX instruction implementation/standardization. Multimedia software is coded to take advantage of it, but AMD has it too, just they aren't quite as good as Intel. But keep in mind, while Intel usually wins this battle in a benchmark, it is certainly not by a landslide. It's usually a marginal victory. Now, what you won't hear from me is any Intel bashing. I have a few older Pentium III and IV based systems. I just prefer AMD for the value (though because they are more competitive these days, that value is not always as noticeable on high end CPU's). I think you have to be impressed with what AMD has done with a lower clock speed than Intel. For example, my AMD Athlon 64 is the 3500+ Winchester. It actually runs at 2200MHz or so, but when benchmarked, it is compared to an Intel chip running at or above 3500MHz and they are very close.

If you searched through the forums, you might find similar topics comparing AMD and Intel.I have not used an AMD computer yet but I think I will choose and go with AMD for a gaming PC because it basically has more processing power at a lower electrical consumption rate. It does not get hot very fast as well and a proper cooler will make the AMD machine a powerful gaming computer. Besides, AMD is way cheaper than Intel.

Yes AMD FX comparision with Intel extreme edition reveals that the games run more better on AMD then on INtel, But may be intel is having some extreme editions hidden , which it will be releaseing latter on this year, with the release of VISTA,But for now as I see it AMD beats INtel hands down in Gaming bussiness

As said above, definitely go AMD for gaming, and most general purpose use. On a price/performance ration they're better, plus they run cooler and I believe they use less power than Intels these days.I personally would only go Intel at this stage for Laptops, or if I wanted to do multimedia without spending the money on a dual core.

AMD is good for Gaming and Intel is good for Multimedia applications and graphics rendering. So I prefer Intel which gives us good multimedia support. I've an onboard Graphics of 128 MB so this helps me to play games with most of the eyecandy turned on.

I found Intel better, AMD do use less power and are cheeper but with a good Inter Cpu and good Video card i dont think you cango wrong. Problem is Intel Vs AMD is one of those long goingdebates that really comes down to everybodys personal computingor gaming needs.

well I would  go with amd its a whole lot cheaper then intel dose not heat as much I have the amd athlon x2 runs games great I run games like nfs undercover all graphic options on high nothing glitches just get 4 gb of ram and its good I was thinking of getting intel but had no budget my amd runs at 0% when nothing is open but only my antivirus 

-reply by amd pro gamer

Amd is best for gaming also have smooth reality graphics while intel is not but intel is good for multimedia not in gaming I'm not funs of both products. I love gaming so i search for this processor for the gaming world i recommend amd fo gaming and intel for multimedia