xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Putting A Signature On The Forum A tutorial on how to put a signature on here

Concidering it is a part of the rules that we put signatures in the signature portion instead of typing it every time you make a post, i made this to tel people how to put the signature up for people to see. It will automaticly be added to the end of every single post you make!

First Off you need to go to "My Controlls" which can be found in the top right hand side of the screen...

Posted Image

Once you are in your controlls look on the left hand side for "Edit Signature"

Posted Image

once you are there you should see a screen like this that shows your current signature for ex: mine

Posted Image

and it should show a box to put a signature in for ex: mine

Posted Image

Now to put the signature in all you need to do is type somthing in for example your name, or your name with fancy text all around it, or a small picture that does not take up a ton of space... on the page.. and according to the TOS the signature size can be no larger than

Maximum signature dimensions: 590 pixels wide, 125 pixels high

so i hope this helped! maybe this will give the mods a brake on warning users about using the signature option..

*note*this is ment for pretty much all Invision Power Boards..not PHPBB*note*

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

Good tutorial. I imagine new and old members alike will find this to be useful information. Wouldn't be surprised if BH pinned this or grabbed the link for the Help file. (HINT)

Awsome. Great tutorial for new forumers. Very simple aswell. I think I might pin it :lol:. If mods/admins see it unfit, go ahead and unpin it..Thank you.

Good and simple tutorial for thous who are new in this forum or don't know how to make theyr signature.. This could be puted on page like New member guide or something :lol:)..Keep making such tutorials but don't know what more thing need to be told about :P..

hmm i used to have alot of trouble trying to get signatures to work on my forums. i tryed going in to my php files to edit the html tags, the forums config to edit html tags and some other things i think. and then after i did that my signatures still still wudnt work in the signature section yet it would only work on my message.. i dont know why...weird if it works in my message why wouldnt it work in my signature? well after awhile after doing everything i thought could work i layed off it for awhile and then when i came back onto my forums my signature finally work..i dont know how or why its so stupid but it worked i guess it was all just in a matter of time for it to work

hehe, im happy now one of my Tutorials got pinned, :-D yup...its just a verry simple tutorial that im pretty sure anyone can read :lol: and maybe he will put it in the Helo File, which i think would be the TOS signature section, i dunno..but thanx all!

Great tutorial, it even supplies images! :blink:

You also should'a mentioned about aligning your signatures. Alignment in your signatures is really cool and is hard to find out just by researching it and stuff so you may wanna add that also. :lol:

[align=center]YOUR CENTERED SIGNATURE HERE[/align]
[align=right]YOUR RIGHT SIGNATURE HERE[/align]

nice and simple, just like it should be.Someone should write a tutorial about more complex signature, like php build ine... Like that chat in forum signtarue, like IP showing... and stuff.Maybe i do something like that when i have time.

Great tutorial, it even supplies images! :lol:
You also should'a mentioned about aligning your signatures. Alignment in your signatures is really cool and is hard to find out just by researching it and stuff so you may wanna add that also. :lol:

[align=center]YOUR CENTERED SIGNATURE HERE[/align]
[align=right]YOUR RIGHT SIGNATURE HERE[/align]

well i would have, but this tutorial was just to show users who dont know how to do it...actually do it, maybe someone or me cn make a tutorial on how to make your signature look good for a forum...meh, anothe ideal after i am done with the research paper...and thanx Sql, i ment for it to be simple...quick and easy for the members who dont know how to do this stuff

Very nice review, I think it will be useful to everyone, because it shows how to do it just perfectly.Thank you very much for this tutorial. I will definatly use it

So If I made my first sig,

Then i can do that?

Or I have to be very skilled then can do that?

yes you could do that, you do not need to be verry skilled just use the editor and ediit it with that....

@BOAW, it may be worthless to you, but ive had 3 ppl PM me saying thank you because they didn't know how to do it...... lol