xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MaineFishing45

Invision Power Board Please help....

Ok.... before this goes into a illegal conversation... if your going to give me any links just PM or e-mail me....

But otherwise than that I think I will have to buy IPB 2.1.4 inorder to install it onto the Xisto website. I noticed when I first got my site up and running it sayed that I could get IPB where it said discussion boards, but then when I went to fantistico there was no IPB. So can someone give me a link or point me in the right direction?

And what happened when IPB said they would always be free.... but then went corporate or payed. I guess to make more money and get ahead of PHBB2 and someother boards. :huh:

I believe up to version 1.3 was free. After that you have to purchase a license for your domain or hosting name. You can still download 1.3 version (search the web). As far as installing it on Xisto hosting contact OpaQue. If it was alright I think that it should have been available with Fantastico. But since it's not, you're better to double check with OpaQue.

I've been at T17 for a while, and I never saw anything mentioning free IPB. I mean, you can go to there site and get a trial of 1.3 for free. But if you wish to upgrade you may purchase the lisence, it's only 70$ for a year. It's still lifetime stofware but after the year, unless you renew the lisence, you won't recieve new updates or support...I can tell you right now, don't pirate it. If you're caught yout account will be suspended. It's VERY easy to find pirated versions.

Yes, the licenses are like $70.00 and $100 for a yearly... but the school just purchased one for me so I will handel it for them and hopefully our board will be back up. Thanks for the info.. I guess this topic can be closed? Right!?!