xisto Community
Ascaron

Cs: Source Vs Cs 1.6

What do you think? Currently Counter Strike 1.6 is being played by almost 10 times as many as Counter Strike Source. I made the switch a couple of months ago and I now enjoy Source much more than 1.6.But the community generally disagree, if this is because they havnt tryed it and gotten used to it or if they just hate it. I think that source just needs a bit ajusting and such, and maybe have an include way of turning down the graphics so people with average pc's dont get fps drop.Its not quite there but I definitly think that Source will take over for cs 1.6 just as 1.6 did over 1.5, it might take a year but it will happen despite the troubled relationship some players have towards change. Counter strike needs source to remain attractive to sponsores and investors, aswell as the crowd, people need something good to look at to consider Counter Strike as a good profesional game.Now, whats your take on this?

I have the both games at home and i usally play counter strike source. Maybe more people are playing counter strike 1.6 because it is cheaper or they just don't have a very good computer to run source on. The games a basicly the same exept in source uses a great game engine and haves some extras :huh:

well, i do have both the games installed on my pc but i have been playing counter strike 1.6 since the day it was launched and have not yet stopped playing itmay be some time i might get tired of the multiplayer games in counter strike 1.6 and think of switching back to source

i played both of them for some time. i like counter strike, but cs source sucks, its not like other counter strikes. version 1.6 is not bad but i dont like it, the best version and one that i played the most is 1.5, and when i playe in some net caffee i usualy play 1.5. i even had my own version of 1.5 :huh:eh.. good ol' times of counter...

Hy. I read your posts, and I agree with you. The Counter Strike 1.6 it`s more popular, cause a lot of people has a slower computer, and for they the Counter Surse it`s a a "big" game. Another fact, it`s teh Counter Strike 1.6 was very popular for a long time, and lot of people alredy falled in to this habit, and they alredy don`t want to change this game, because they like it, and it`s so funny too, like Counter Surse.

I actually disagree with the point 'cs 1.6 is more popular', because its not. Why would they call css the 'most widely played online game ever'? But fair enough, some people do play cs 1.6 more than css because there computer is not good enough, but most of them will of upgraded. CSS is not that much anyway, you can get it for around about 20 pound, and i'm sure the majority of people can push there selves to get that much money. CSS does not have that much of high requirements to play anyway, so prob a rubbish computer might be able to play. I ahve played cs 1.6 for bout a year, and then when css come out, I had bought it. Sure, back then not many peoplr were playing on it now, but look at the facts. There are millions who play css now everyday. :angry:

Is it really "millions"? Anyway, I *stopped* playing CS1.6 because I was finding too many of my favourite servers were switched to CSS. My computer can easily run HL2/CSS but it's a matter of going out and buying the game again - not to mention a lot of the CS community (at least initially) said that CSS was rather buggy. One of my friends claimed to have killed 5 people through a solid wall once. I haven't found HL2 to be all that cheap to buy yet, even though it's been out a while. Apparantly DoD:S hasn't managed to pull the expected numbers either - all in all a disappointment perhaps?

My clan has various (succesfull, I might add) squads in both CS 1.6 and CSS, yes, the games might both start with "Counter-Strike", yet Source is a lot different than 1.6, seeing it isn't just a graphical upgrade as many gamers tend to believe. For one, CS 1.6 is very old, and the game runs on almost any computer nowadays, while Source requires you to have 'quite a rig'. The ability to play arround with crates and stuff give Counter Strike Source another dimension, because you can use them against the enemy (by hiding behind them, while in CS 1.6 all camper spots are well known). Also, I think Source is a lot more realistic than 1.6, seeing 1.6 maps are like "empty shells", with that I mean that the maps only purpose is to play online, while in source the maps look like real city's

i have a slower pc, so i like CS 1.6 more then CS source. And also it is very easier to find a server with CS 1.6 then with source.

Lol? your joking right? On CSS and CS 1.6 its extremly easy to find a server. So many people play both now i really dont think it matters its what ever you prefer becasue ALOT of people play css so if you wanna make the switch dont let the idea that "not enough people play it" hold you back.

I play CS 1.6, and like it, but I would like to play Source. I bought a high powered graphics card, and am waiting for my new power supply to come in so I can power it. Once I get it all working, i'm switching to Source.

i much prefer playing source because that was what i started playing on, going to 1.6 just feels awkward to me for some reason. source just feels more fluid (dont mistake that for easier lol)..-eternal

What do you think? Currently Counter Strike 1.6 is being played by almost 10 times as many as Counter Strike Source. I made the switch a couple of months ago and I now enjoy Source much more than 1.6.
But the community generally disagree, if this is because they havnt tryed it and gotten used to it or if they just hate it. I think that source just needs a bit ajusting and such, and maybe have an include way of turning down the graphics so people with average pc's dont get fps drop.

Its not quite there but I definitly think that Source will take over for cs 1.6 just as 1.6 did over 1.5, it might take a year but it will happen despite the troubled relationship some players have towards change. Counter strike needs source to remain attractive to sponsores and investors, aswell as the crowd, people need something good to look at to consider Counter Strike as a good profesional game.

Now, whats your take on this?

I am going to have to disagee with you there Ascaron. i've played both games for a while and 1.6 is superior to source. i say this because the gameplay is a little different from 1.6

Reasons why:
1. you can spray like made against an enemy 50M+ away and still get HS
2. some map remakes from source are different from the orignal 1.6
3. more teamwork in 1.6 (due to skilled shooting)
4. more bugs in 1.6 that made it fun for gameplay like skywalking and fast silencer switching

its not the graphics that are turning people away from css. its the gameplay. its just too different from the original. and the reason why 1.6 took over 1.5 is because it was an update. it wasn't a completely new game like css was.

Well if you have the pc power to run source then do it. Otherwise stay with 1.6.If you think the 1.6 gameplay is better that source's, then play 1.6. Otherwise play source.Please don't argue about one being better than the other. Technically, Source was developed to be better than 1.6. I don't know any developer who creates inferior games after the previous one, instead of improving them. Everyone has their oppinion so play what suits you better.

I think the only thing that bugs me about source is the look of some of the guns. I much prefer the classic look and feel of the 1.6 guns to the source stuff although I said the same thing when 1.6 and steam first came out so I'm sure I'll get over it. If lag's an issue I just play 1.6 anyway but I guess it's hard to make any real preference over the other.