xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tt3

What Features Would You Really Want To See In Windows Vista?

For me, it's a two way firewall, monitoring inbound/outbound traffic, (I think I read that Vista will have this) and an updated OOBE (that's the thing which runs right after Windows is installed), with a security tutorial, teaching you what viruses and spyware are, and how to protect yourself. This should be in the home line of products. Just think how many people wouldn't have had virus/spyware infections had Microsoft included this in the XP OOBE! (and enabled the firewall by default...)

Edited by tt3 (see edit history)

I really don't like windows firewall... so i use SP1. I would like to see a faster windows , maybe some new applications, maybe build in Firefox :huh:. I used vista beta and i didn't quite like it... I was slow always failing and lagging my system. I did like transparency though ;)

If you ask me ( which you probobly wont :huh: ) this is realy stupid question.from vista i espect some new things that i couldnt dream of... that would help people, and i hope they would pay more atention on little things that make life perfect ;)btw i hate micro$oft ;)

I really don't like windows firewall... so i use SP1. I would like to see a faster windows , maybe some new applications, maybe build in Firefox ;). I used vista beta and i didn't quite like it... I was slow always failing and lagging my system. I did like transparency though ;)

Firefox preinstalled in Vista? Keep dreaming! :huh:

I know that Vista is not going to be any faster on my 1.3Ghz pc! As well as my original post, I'd also like to see some new fun games in Vista.

I would like to see more choice in Vista than is currently offered with Microsoft products. The option to choose what features you really want installed, for every feature. I would also like the option to remove things like IE, Media Player and other bundled software that people use purely because it is there. Also, perhaps a general 'Feedback Form' somewhere easily accessible that would get read by the developers at Microsoft and they would actually act on what people want. Now, back to the real world...