xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MaineFishing45

Sandisk 512 Mb Cruzer Mini Usb Flash Drive Great Flash Drive

Well I just wanted to share, that I have never found a more "perfect" flash drive. I have to say SanDisk makes quality flash drive, and to prove it my Cruzer Mini 512 went throught the washer on a full cycle and came out.... I was like oh crap ;);). But when I pluged it back into my Dell 600m it worked fine, nothing was damaged and it was a little damp, so I had to dry it off and blow on it to get the rest of the water off.

If you are seriously looking for a flash drive, try the Cruzer Seris, and if the mini's can go through a washer than what can the Cruzer Titanium withstand? Great Product! :huh: (You can buy one here) Cruzer Mini 512

I don't think putting electronics through the wash are as much of a problem as many say or maybe I'm just lucky. I have accidentally put many small electronics in the wash before such as watches, mp3 players, laser pointers, usb drives and they all have worked afterwards.

I don't think putting electronics through the wash are as much of a problem as many say or maybe I'm just lucky. I have accidentally put many small electronics in the wash before such as watches, mp3 players, laser pointers, usb drives and they all have worked afterwards.

I can't believe you can 'accidentally' put all those electronics in the wash haha. You must have learnt your lesson...so why again
Sounds good since mine broke in half... so I doubt mine will last in a washing machine.

I can't believe you can 'accidentally' put all those electronics in the wash haha. You must have learnt your lesson...so why again Sounds good since mine broke in half... so I doubt mine will last in a washing machine.

Hahaha.... which company did you purchase, I am serious.. they work fine?? How?? Its like they are all washer and idiot proof.
Edited by MaineFishing45 (see edit history)

I can't believe you can 'accidentally' put all those electronics in the wash haha. You must have learnt your lesson...so why again Sounds good since mine broke in half... so I doubt mine will last in a washing machine.

I'm a forgetful person sometimes and I always leave alot of stuff in my pockets by accident such as chocolates, candy, papers, etc. I do alot of work with computers so I always have a usb drive (sandisk) with me, it's probably been through the wash twice now. I also carry a laser pointer around with me all the time too because it's on my keychain. They've all been alright going through the wash same with a watch (timex) and an mp3 player (iriver). All I do is leave it on a towel for a day before I turn it on. The only time I have had any electronics stop working because of water was my Canon digital camera which cost me about $450. I was on vacation on a speedboat and some saltwater splashed onto my camera, not much water, but it managed to stop it from working. It wouldn't even turn on.

Now heres my opinion on USP flash drives:128 MB: Heres the standard drive for the average person with word documents to transport. Cheap, and fits your needs.256 MB: Gets your files around the place, and all sorts of random flash files you made.512 MB: Seriously now, this is the most useless size. Anything you need can fit on a 256! only thing that can't are pirated movies, which can't fit on a 512 anyway!1 GB: This is my recommendation. Fits a movie, anime, manga, you name it.

512 MB: Seriously now, this is the most useless size. Anything you need can fit on a 256! only thing that can't are pirated movies, which can't fit on a 512 anyway!

I truly dont agree to that!
I mean, 512 mb is almost like a CD Rom, and you can always get tons of softwares and programs that would require more then 256 mb...
I'm using 512 mb, and I have used up 486 mb, It is totally worth it for me!!
:huh:

512 MB: Seriously now, this is the most useless size. Anything you need can fit on a 256! only thing that can't are pirated movies, which can't fit on a 512 anyway!

1 GB: This is my recommendation. Fits a movie, anime, manga, you name it.

I disagree with that. A 512 Meg flash drive holds many things a 256 cant hold, such as many ISO's for cds. Also, if you cannot afford the 1024 meg flash drive, 512 is much, much more affordable. With 256 meg flash drives, i find that i constantly cannot fit parts of a file onto it, and half to go dig up a 512 and start over. i think 256 is the most useless size.

it realy is ok to put a flashdrive in a washing machine as long as you dry it up since the flashdrives dont have electricity left on it once it is unplug. So even if it get wets nonthing will be burn or short circuited. Some of my friends even expereinced flashing their cellphones in the the toilet but after it dried out it was perfectly ok except with the smell :lol:about the storage size, why buy 512 when you can afford 1G :P in 512 or 256 sooner or later you will run out of space. I have a 1 G and i put every usefull thing on it, dictionaries, windows commander, compilers, assembler and almost all utilities that is helpfull in programming..

I have a 256mb dane Elec flash drive and I did the same thing, put it in the washer, and it worked fine afterwards. Not only that, I also put it in the dryer (it was in my pocket). I think that flashdrives are just like that, dependable and durable, but sometimes my ports can't read the usb flash drive.

Alot but not all electronics can withstand a tumble in the wash. As long as you dry them out afterwards really good most will work again. Don't play that game with the ocean however. Salt water is corrosive. Also when it comes to electronics and the washer if your eletronics are off they are more likely to survive. As far as the flash drive goes that is a pretty closed off unit. Most usb portable drives are. They have to be because the manufacturers have to take into consideration the abuse that people will put them through. ie sitting in a backpack being bounced around in a purse and well in pockets and stuff like that. Also being taken on and off of differant computers. If I and when I buy a flash portable drive I probably will go with some thing bigger than 512mb.

PC World did a thing on how tough gadgets are. They banged up a note book and spilled coffee on it (after which it died), dropped a digital camera several (about 10) times, buried an iPod Mini in the sand, and put an SD card and Lexar Media Jumpdrive Sport in the wash. The latter two devices (the SD card and the Jumpdrive) took the abuse quite well, both working after that 'test'.

Hehe, I don't know whether this was just luck (that your usb drive still worked after being spun around in the washing machine) or whether it is, as you say, due to the fact that the usb drive is a good make with good protection (able to withstand the pressure of the water).Anyway, I haven't heard of this model before, but if it really did withstand the water (even if only by luck) then the Cruzer's are obviously not made cheaply.Thanks for telling us about these Cruzer usb drives :-)

There ain't really much to a flash drive lol.My sister put her cellphone through the wash once...... No it didn't work afterwards, it wouldn't connect to the network, still turned on fine tho.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Stay on the topic and discuss only the topic title related issues. If you're trying to draw an analogy, explain it better. This is off the topic.