xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ljiljana

My Computer description

My computer iz Pentium IV, with 2,4 GH power, with 80 Gb memory and DVD writer. Is it good or little? My internet operater have cabal internet line, and I am so satisfive (Is godd that word?). Please, if something to tell me what can I doing with my computer the best. Now I wach movies, listen sam music, write letter, make a site personal....

Are you serious?You have a P4 2.4 and you dont know what to do with it <_< Oke what do you want to do with it is the first question you should ask yourself, with a P4 you can do all sorts of things from simply writing a letter upto playing a cool game (videocard is important there) or writing your own programs.Do what ever you want to do with your pc, the sky is the limit. :blink:ps. if you really have no clue what to do with it you can send it to me :)

The question u have to ask your self is how long do you intend to keep and use this computer. Computers usually get outdated in hardware performance in 2-3 years. I have a 2.4 ghz computer and right now it is a normal or a little above normal stat. Speed and ram are all that matter as for the other parts you can change them and buy new parts if your motherboard can support them. The speed (CPU) is what constricts people to buy new computers as the motherboards can handle up to a certain speed.Considering this the decision is up to you...use it for 3d design, web editing, to watch movies, movie editing etc. don't waste the power you have in your hands.

My computer iz Pentium IV, with 2,4 GH power, with 80 Gb memory

You tell that you have 80 gb in memory ??? <_< It seem to be 80gb hdd?
Hmmm your computer spec is so good. But it up to you that you can use it with in the best performance? If you usualy with Ms office,Mp3,internet. you can use lower spec it just work fine. Or if you use to heavy Graphic like graphic program,Games 3d,video maker it will take less time as well.
sorry my english is not so good. :blink:

O Calum, ve have the same problems, also my english is not so good, too. I didn't know that I have so good computer configuration, because it was not so expensiv, it was 300 Eura in july 2004. I didn't know to make any programs, and make tredimenzional, I know to make webasite, well, I don't know when I have a way for site Xisto, I have 10 posts in forum, and what now to do?

@ljiljana: Lepo je naleteti na nashe ljude na stranim forumima :) Elem, ako imash bilo kakva pitanja, poshalji mail, obozhavam da pomazhem ljudima kad mogu...Anyway, your computer spex are pretty nice, and as averyone said, you can do pretty much whatever you want with it. Btw, you paid a nice price for your machine... I paid 200 E's for CPU, MB and RAM only (CPU being Celeron 2.0G)... but, that's just my luck, I guess :D

Thanks Galahad, its so pretty of you. We will hear ceartainly. Although, I have little problem about my internet line. What are you doing and what domen is yours? I find that anyone who doesn't know about hosting can't make big thinks here. I was one of this, but I try and learn ... Cao!

ljiljana: memory = RAM, storage = HDDanother point: ur computer is not much slower than mine : Pentium 4 2.53 GHZ.... but you can play alot of games and do alot of stuff instead of word processing. You can design, watch a movie w/ your computer and do all that.I run SuSE Linux 9.0, Windows XP Professionalxboxrulz

What are you doing and what domen is yours?

Well, I'm still collecting posts to ask for hosting, but I'm not in a rush... :DI actualy started out as a software programmer, but now I do everything, from programming, to webdesign, and music production (not that I'm any good at it :))...

My domain will probably be http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (it already is, it's just that there is a crappy website there :D), it's a redirection actualy, Chinese if I'm not mistaken...

Hey mans, what is yours PC configuration, and which OS you have, is yours OS legaly or not (in yours home, of course)? Anyway, I think that my computer is not at all the best, for exsample, the notebook is better, its facile, practically, you can use it in any moment, in any case.