xisto Community
badinfluence

Which Bulletin Board System Is Best For You? e.g..,IPB,phpBB,punbb

Actually :blink:,I would like to know which one is good for me to use..I came across the IPB is quite famous..But it needs to buy:(help me to post your review of which bulletin board system is good, the differences and how can i get that stuff (wether need to buy or free download url) <_< Perhap, i did love the army system very much :) thksbi

I have an internetsite for my counter-strike clan. there is an forum very important. its our community <_<. don't know for sure, but think that Vbulletin is the best. phpBB is also bit nice. thought thats standard forum by the most site hostings. any1 know how to get Vbulletin? and what exactly the best difference are? and a preview would be very nice :blink:. hope to get an reply soon. Cya all, greetz ZorBiX

I like phpBB. It's not the best, there should be more features. But it's very easy and nice. With styles you can make it look good.But i think that ipb may be the best. it's better than phpbb, i know. i haven't used vbullentin, so i don't know.

I don't know which! Just kidding.I think , best bulletin board is tForum. You can see heavy Modified version on http://www.elitesecurity.org/
But phpBB , features isn't bad...but it's not good forum.Because that haven't to much features as subforums , attachment...etc...vBulletin , is ok , IPB is PERFECT.Again , best is tForum.

Best? Whaddaya mean by best?For example if you don't have mysql and don't need a big board, then YaBB Gold is the best for you, you can run it anywhere.phpBB is free and very common, easy to setup. One of the best for general purpose I would say.vBulletin and IPB are "pro" boards, aimed for very large and active communities. Never ran one myself, but I'm sure they have the most features and least bugs. If your board gets a million hits per day, you may wanna upgrade to these...I always seem to promote SMF Simlemachines Forum. It is currently on release candidates, and is still free, and I really like it. But it hasn't been around for very long and still has its bugs and lacks themes etc...

phpBB is free and very common, easy to setup. One of the best for general purpose I would say.
vBulletin and IPB are "pro" boards, aimed for very large and active communities. Never ran one myself, but I'm sure they have the most features and least bugs. If your board gets a million hits per day, you may wanna upgrade to these...

oh ya :blink: da best mean depands on da application...how big da community is :)
I left the point.. <_<
I liked the quote...kidda good solution for beginner like me :P
thks for reply