xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
selim

Coco Pops and its secret message

I was eating coco pops while chatting to some mates and we started discussing the Coco pops story. I don't know if it's the same in other countries but here in the UK the story on the back of the packet, and on the TV adverts, usually involve Coco and his gang trying to stop Croc and his gorilla henchmen from getting any coco pops. Well we (friends and me) got to thinking that this is sending a bad message out to kids. It's teaching them not to share. I mean Coco seems to have an unlimited supply of coco pops but he never gives any to Croc. I'm sure if Coco allowed Croc and co to have some coco pops and became friends then there wouldn't be so much hostility between them. And surely this will send out a good message to kids that they should learn to share and help each other out.

Maybe a change in the Coco/Croc story would mean a happier future for all of us.

Honestly! How did you come up with this? You make a post on Coco Pops? Well here in America, the message is the same. Like with Trix yogurt. Always trying to keep it away from the rabbit. So I suppose you are right. :huh:And I would like to ask why on earth they convey these messages! Teaching kids, don't share your cereal or else a rabbit might take it. It seems stupid that they even do something like that. So in my opinion, they should have a commercial where they share and then they become friends like you said. Hey thanks for the,..um, enlightening post. ;)

I have to say, i've never thought of it like that. Maybe it's because they're too good to share? :huh: I'd rather have Tesco's own brand coco pops than the real ones, because to me they taste better!I guess you could also say that it makes kids believe in 'Goodies' and 'Baddies' and whether that's a good thing or not also depends on your view. However, the recent coco straws advert, makes kids want their own pet cow!

Hm... Yeah, I never really noticed those kinds of things before... Now that I think of it, it could be sending out a bad message to kids. Then again, most cartoons show such behavior, so I don't think this may cause that much of a difference...