xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SecretSocietyofStoners

What Is Artificial Intelligence? What is it???

Well my good people of the world it is something man made,unatural mechenical or in other words artificial etc that has the ability to "think for its self" but its more than just that that seperate our brains from every other organism on earth it is the fact that we can make a thought a discision based on given facts which we logicaly work out in our head and make a logical discision. This is something an animal could never have the brain power to eg. if a monkey saw a loin covered in blood it would not relise that it had just killed something and therefore it is covered in blood unless perhaps it smelt the blood or any other similar circumstance. But for a brain or computer(lets just call it a processing unit because thats what it does, process infomation) to gain artificial intelligence that processing unit must be able to make a certain amount of connections in a given time. Now connections are tiny electrical zaps that travel from one place to another in the processing unit telling it what to do etc Now I dont know the exacts statistics for how many connections a human brain makes in a millisecond but its something like 10 billion I not really sure but the least amount of connections you need to acheive artificial intelligence is something like 2 billion i'm not sure about that either but look it up if you need to.Peace out brothers and bong on!!!(and I smoke marijuana by the way and im only 15 and I know all this *BLEEP* and read about what I explained about nanotechnology is aswell, hehehe who reckons i'm smart? and yes I really did right this myself from what I know and I didn't copy it!!!!)

Oh.. I thought Artificial Intelligence is some sort of talent and intellegence that wasn't initially made to have. Only humans create artificial intellegence for non-living things so they can move and generate their own senses under the command of their programmer or "master".

Why would a living thing gain another artificial intelligence when it has already got some sence? Probably a robot or any other electronic stuffs needs artificial intellegence to make them look more life-like..

Anyway, here's what I've got from google.

It is the science and engineering of making intelligent machines, especially intelligent computer programs. It is related to the similar task of using computers to understand human intelligence, but AI does not have to confine itself to methods that are biologically observable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_intelligence

Oh.. I thought Artificial Intelligence is some sort of talent and intellegence that wasn't initially made to have. Only humans create artificial intellegence for non-living things so they can move and generate their own senses under the command of their programmer or "master".
Why would a living thing gain another artificial intelligence when it has already got some sence? Probably a robot or any other electronic stuffs needs artificial intellegence to make them look more life-like..

Anyway, here's what I've got from google.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_intelligence

Hehe, well, AI has been a hot topic always in the computing area, and also "thanks" to the numerous scientific movies, now people are treating AI enabled robots as our killer or whatever things that might do harm to us human being... Unfortunately, I think that day, is possible in some sense, but yet gets a long way to go.... I remember it was described as almost impossible for us to create a machine with intelligence equivalent to a 10-years old boy. We are surely able to make machines with specialized AI, but it is absolutely not that simple to build a machine even close to we human. Well, hopefully interesting things take places with the help of grid computing...

intelligents is the way how you act and the way how you express your self when you are in certain conditions. also it is all about you and your personality. am talking from when we were young and growing up any thing our parents tought us it is the same thing we will do. and that can also react to how we speak and the way we express our self when we are talking to people.

We study artificial Intelligence in relation to computers here, But i think it mainly concerns with robotics, Great thing provides machines with a self of some kind, we also find that in games, But its major drawback i think is that if it is made too high it can leed to no resultys at all, Minimal amout is good, But nothing can make a machine a human

Artificial Intelligence is study by scientist today even it is still under development. Aftificial Intelligence is mean that something (machine) that can operate itself without human giving command.Example, you ask a AI, then, the AI will answer you.

Ok Artificial intelligence can have numerous meanings depending on its purpose. The most common definition people think of is a way of programming such that the system thinks and acts like a human only on a computer. However, how do humans think and act. Each one of us is different so a newer definition is an intelligent agent that thinks logically or rationally (depending on the purpose of the agent and its environment) and it doesnt have to be applied to computing only. Hope this helps

Did any one know we can use genetically algorithm to compute any hard problems.The DNA sequences were set to replicate and create trillions of new sequences based on the initial input sequences in a matter of seconds (called DNA hybridization). The theory holds that the solution to the problem was one of the new sequence strands. By process of elimination, the correct solution would be obtained.

hello guys, well first of all in my opinion we all know what is artificial intelligence, to make the machines think as normal as if they were a person ar at leat an animal, someone or somethink that think by itself and doesnt need extra help to know and understand situations and so on.But in my opinion the good question would be How to cretate Artificical Intelligence? or How make Machines think as natural? I assume some of you guys have seen some of the honda or Sony robots including the famous ibo, and Qrio. I have thought a lot about it, and i imagined what could happen if computers or robots (specially androids) can be able to write their code by themselves!, creapy isnt it? imagine no more programmers or companies that ask for money in order to produce some robots for you! we would work for them?!?! or what, honestly i prefer the robots that are programmed manually but that doesnt think

Going by the definition that you presented in the way you wrote things and as well as what I personally know of artificial intelligence.... To an extent our brains are prossessing units. Everything our bodies do and things that we think about etc.... all are done with electrical impulses. A computer runs on electricity. Our bodies which are organic can make electricity. What is amazing about that is both organic and inorganic machines aka humans are organic machines and therefore have intelligence because we are organic... Because a computer is inorganic and made by man its intelligence is considered artificial. All of the impulses in our brains as well as the computer's "processes" are run with electricity which in the most basic level is all run by atoms.Atoms are made up of neutrons, protons, and electrons. The electrons are what electrical current is made of. In us humans as well as in the computer the electrical current is a path that the electrons take to create it. That is the most basic level of both artificial and normal intelligence. In that particular instance we are just like the machine. We and the machine are made up of atoms and the differance is the organization of the atoms. I believe that someday artificial intelligence will become advanced enough that we may even have robots and other AI that will beable to think for itself and have simular enough thought processes that it will become like its own being.(*personal comment to the smoking weed... be it weed, alcohol or any other substance abuse of it will eventually do damage in brain and body. Just be careful. )

Some AI present examples,

Autonomous planning and scheduling: A hundred miles from Earth, NASA's Remote Agent program became the first on-board autonomous planning program to control the scheduling operations for the spacecraft.

Game Playing: IBM's Deep Blue is the famous example for the AI in Game Playing. It was the first computer program to defeat the world champion in a chess match when it bested Garry Casparov by a score of 3.5 to 2.5 in an exhibition match. By this the value of IBM's stocks increased by USD 18Billion.

Autonomous Control: The ALVINN computer vision system was the first of its kind. This system was trained to steer a car to kkep it following a lane. It was placed in CMU's NavLab computer-controlled minivan and used to navigate across the United States - for 2850 miles it was in contol of steering the vehicle 985 of the time. A human took over the vehicle 2% of time mostly at exit ramps. This system had a set of video cameras that transmits road images to the computer, which then computes the best direction to steer, based on the experience from previous runs.

Definitions for AI by Scholars,

" It is the art of creating machines that perform functions that require intellegience when performed by people."

Kurzweil

" The automation of activites that we associate with human thinking, activities such as decision-making, problem solving, learning, and so on...."

Bellman

Edited by moderator (see edit history)

Personally, the only times I've ever dealt with artificial intelligence was when I was making a Custom Battle system for an RPGMaker2000 Game. That was surely a pain in the neck, considering I had to set up several variables for the X and Y to let it know what to, when to attack when close enough, etc. Long story short, I got frustrated and gave up half-way through. I wish I had a team of people under my control like the corporates at Nintendo do. Then my AI would be somewhat effective.

1. The ability of a computer or other machine to perform those activities that are normally thought to require intelligence. 2. The branch of computer science concerned with the development of machines having this ability.

Ok, first of all artificial intelligence is a part of cognitive science and is still under development. Its aim is to create something what is not human nor live (that way it is artificial), but could demonstrate logical ?thinking?. Today, unfortunately, there is no real artificial intelligence. Of course, there are systems, that are able to demonstrate some level of ?rational thinking? and is said to be as ?smart? as approximately 5-6 years old kid.In practice artificial intelligence theory is mainly used when creating complex solution support systems, image or object recognition systems and so on.One thing that has to be pointed out, that cognitive science denies possibility to create artificial intelligence on linear process machines (that is regular PC :) ) as its operation methods are to different from the ones in human brain. Instead of linear processing units one has to use neural networks that is a way different computing way and functions more like human brain, as one computing element of neural network is something like synthetic representation of brain cell. I suppose there should be another thread on neural networks as different type of computing :PFor example neural network can find out the formula if you supply it with series or argument ad result. It is similar to standard IQ test task where one has to find the next number in a row according to some pattern ? that ways it can be considered as some sort of intelligence.If someone is really interested in that, give me a shout (ravenblack@bluebottle.com) and I?ll try to dig out my university ones and make a translation on it.It is interesting discipline ?

I have only basic programming knowledge, but isn't AI simply just a whole bunch of IF, AND, OR commands and rules that govern how the computer approaches any task?AI is being used by psychologists now to investigate how we think and processes that go on in our own brains. make sense.