xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
itssami

How To Make Website Popular

Can some one please tell me how i can make my website a famous .My website has no any treffic.?? No one visits my website.IS there any way to make it popular ? Please help me , with your advices and suggestions.

Note. my website is on msn and yahoo already , and it will be on google soon too..

http://www.hugedomains.com/domain_profile.cfm?d=pakdir&e=com

Well as your site clearly promotes itself as being about Pakistan, you've restricted your audience immediately to people either living in (or who have lived in) Pakistan.Secondly, your site is in English which probably also reduces the size of the audience because I'm guessing that not everyone speaks English in Pakistan (although I realise there is probably quite a high percentage who do).Thirdly your site is made up of a web of nested tables which search engines find hard to spider. This is borne out by the fact that Google hasn't indexed any of your pages. Yahoo has only indexed 3. MSN on the other hand has indexed quite a lot.But still, this shows that you've got a clear problem with the way your site is indexed.

Thirdly your site is made up of a web of nested tables which search engines find hard to spider. This is borne out by the fact that Google hasn't indexed any of your pages.

Tyssen, I would like to point out this particular part, if you can give him an idea why nested tables means and how to overcome them?

According to me why people are not finding pakdir from search engines is because the site isn't optimized properly. If we think Pakistan, mostly net users are those who command good English and would prefer to go online visiting those English sites. In fact, we have so many English portals from Pakistan. In oder for Pakdir to stay on top the webmaster must optimize the website well, like putting the right keyword for meta tags, meta description, title of the page.

Since there are so many good websites from Pakistan, in order for Pakdir to stay on top search engines' pages it must compete with top sites in all areas.

Well, as you guys pointed out, you have a problem with the content of your website. Traffic exchanges won't work because you have, no offense, nothing to offer most of us. Are you located in Pakistan? You could advertise the "Inside Source" to Pakistan people wanting news.What you need though is targeted traffic. You are a small speck in a big world. Only people in that counrty will be interested. So I would try advertising on a Pakistan search engine if possible and set yourself up as a news source.Another trick you could use is pop up advertising, but it sends shutters of fear for people to even think about stooping so low. :huh: What would be better is to use something like adsense with google. Good luck with your traffic problem.

Firstly your site has already become more popular just by simply posting the Url of your website here in the Xisto forums.

Given the number of Views this post gets, those ppl are gonna click on the link,thus increasing your site Hits.

secondly Google will index your site Faster ( worked for me), if a Link back to your site is on another site

that gets lost of visitors/or on a highy ranked site. I ,Made a post for a Review of my Website

Guyana Visions on Xisto.com forums...and i was very surprised to see my webiste was indexed on google in 2 days, whereaz before(1mths live) it never show up on google
search.

the other things you can do to help increase your sites popularity can be:

SEO your content , make sure you have approaite keywords & meta tags on all your pages:

Creat a Link Exchange System: have your site Link other sites in exchange for you linking them

Send the address to everybody you know then let them send it to all the ppl they know.

Advertise your site in public chat rooms, such as Yahoo etc..

Visit popular Forums where ppl from you country Vist...and ask Inform them about your Site..but becarefull cuz some webmaster gets angry if you dont ask their permission First.

Well like everyone else is saying is that you need to get your website onto search engines. Download google toolbar and search google for ways to optimize. What you need to do is get your page rank up. Secondly, find other sites like yours and try to become affiliated with them and do a link exchange because search engine spiders love sites linking to yours. Finally, make sure you have a ton of content so that it will connect with as many people as possible.

Tyssen, I would like to point out this particular part, if you can give him an idea why nested tables means and how to overcome them?

From here:

Cascading Style Sheets: Use style sheets to reduce bloated code and decrease download time. Style sheets eliminate extraneous HTML code, so the spider can get straight to your content.

Tables: Keep your table structure as simple as possible. Some spiders tend to get lost in a web of nested tables where the content is buried deep inside a complex table structure.

[quote name='Tyssen : Can you please take a bit of your time and could tell me , how i can make my tables simple (easy for search engines to find).Im not very good in web designing.thanks.

well, i think you gotta start offering people something like jokes??wallpapers?? themes?? reviews?? opinions??and then link it with sites offering similar stuff....i c many msn things on your site and you can start with offering people more stuff related to msn msg and then try linkin with other sites

Hey, if u want to make your website traffic come up..!! then here are some methods.1) You have to put your website in serch engines like google, yahoo etc...2) You have to search for highly traffic websites. which u can find it in google too.3) Yu should ask those high traffic website to post a Ad about your website.4) You should make your index page very attractive so that You will get more traffic to your website.Please try this tricks and see how your website traffic inreases in few days... :huh:

It's quite easy, actually. Just ask yourself why you'd visit your own site if you weren't yourself. That sentence makes no sense at first, but just look at it from the viewer's perspective. The general audience would probably want a good layout? Yeah. They'd possibly want colors that aren't horribly clashing and don't hurt their eyes. On top of that, they'd need a reason for visitting and more reason to stay at the page and look at multiple pages. Reasons people visit are for various resources/services/information, etc. Myself, I have my website for general internet comedy such as my ( lame, I know they are ) paint web comics, articles, etc. for people to have a laugh. Obviously, they'd look around if they like one bit, blah blah so forth and so on you get the picture. Another good idea is to update regularly so they don't think it's dead. Otherwise, regulars won't check back often for updates after a while. ( One of my problems due to sheer laziness. ) That's how I found out how to spread my website through generally word-of-mouth, I hope it works out for you. Elsewise, try the corporate method of buying advertising. :huh:Just make sure your bandwith can handle what size of audience you're planning, anyway.

i definately say the best way to make your website popular is of course advertisement and secondly what your website contains...depends how much people would have interest to your site if u have and show what they want or need

What you just did, posting your site's description and link on the forums, is a form of advertising in itself. Most, if not all, of the people that have responded to this topic clicked on that link that you provided us with and went to your site, increasing your site's traffic. Just keep thinking about ways you can help promote your site, whether it be on forums or handing out fliers to people you know or don't know. Anyways, I wish you the best of luck on the future of your site and if you need any help make sure to come back and ask any of us!

well... I've gone to your website, but really it's just like Yahoo! or whatever common web like that. I... don't think many people like something like that. If you really want to make something like that, then I thought the visitors will be only few people who like to open news website. So, my thought that a decent website is a web based on graphic. Cool graphic will make a great website, sometimes website like this even without great content will have many visitors than the one that has no graphic. So, that's my opinion. Hope this helps.