xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xgamer

The Goods And Bads Of Adsense

There are some goods and bads of googles adsense!

Here are them:

Goods

1.You get money out of it

2.It will help you in life for forums and other things.

3.It targets ads about your website's catagory.

Bads

1. It looks ugly on your website

2. It is hard to chose were to put the banner.

3. If you have low traffic you won't get much money out of it

Thats to think about if your planning on putting it on your website!

imo unless you get a distinctly better offer from a company wanting to buy advertising space, adsense is about as good as you can get: they aren't disruptive, no pop-ups etc. they are relevent (well, usually) also people are used to seeing them, so its more of a fact of life then having and advertisement shoved down your throat.ugly: maybe, depends on the layout i suppose, and they don;t clash too badly with most forums.your other 2 bads apply to most other forms of advertisment: traffic = money and placement is always hard. (unless its a button imo.)

i will not agree with some of the bads you've stated therewell, the ads will not necessarily look bad on your site, only if you can find a place and have designed your site keeping them in mindand wrt less income due to low traffic, i dont think that any other publisher network will give u more money if the traffic/clicks on ur site is lessso you only put them on your site, if your site has some serious traffic and want to make some income out of it

I have to say that i don't think they're that ugly. Basically, i don't notice them that much anymore and i'd rather have those than animated ads or these really annoying ads that keep loading film clips or video clips when i'm trying to listen to music and reload on every page! Or those ads that pop up in the middle of your screen and sometimes clicking 'close' doesn't work and just opens the website.So from the point of view of a web page visitor, google ads really aren't that bad in the scale of things, at least they're usually related to the website you're visiting!

Wow i can talk more about adsense..The good ones are :1) Firstly they pay out the amount promptly2) They have a very good support team..3) There money for each click and impression is different, sometimes for a click i get only 0.1 cents or so for some i get 3-4 dollars... :huh: 4) They put the Ads according to the information in our website, that too top websites only..The bad ones are :1) They have a very strict rule.. ;) 2) if someone spams, there account will be suspended.3) The google adsense looks bad in some websites where there is no forums, etc....

Adsense is now so widespread that most people take it for granted. To me it's ugly and invasive and very annoying if they are not plcaed right in the site. If not done correctly your site could look like a peice of cheal rubbish.

I wont agree with the "UGLY" term.We are used to google ADs (and other ADs also) and believe me, ADs enhance the beauty of a site as people are used to think ADs an integral part of a website.As far as earning is concerned, google ADs are not the best unless you have millions of pageviews a month.There are good affiliate programs and also many other companies (like Yahoo) are coming forward in this field. After all they have to sustain the market-competition.So if the page-views are low, it's a good idea to opt for other available options. But many affiliate programs need atleast 3000 unique pageviews a month for the website to be eligible.